Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey ya'll ! Picked up the kit yesterday at the truck hub in St. Louis, Mo. Weight 425. lbs. Was crated very nice & tight. Un-packed everything, looks good! Started reading the instruction manual yesterday, "Not the best art work, or user friendly, but I'll manage. Tomorrow will be day one of dis-assembly of my Aspencade. Will post on a daily basis, except Sundays, and holidays. Not sure if I will post in a.m. or p.m. any comments welcomed. :readit:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
imported post

congrats on the new kit! I look forward to seeing the in-progress shots.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
imported post

I look forward to watching your project, and good luck.

·
Premium Member
12,705 Posts
imported post

I look forward to following along as you build your project . It looks like another nice project in garage already in the shape of a Chevelle :cheesygrin:.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Looks good Have fun.
Keep the progress coming
and that chevell is it 66,67,68 Nice

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Mcdanl wrote:
Started reading the instruction manual yesterday, "Not the best art work, or user friendly, but I'll manage. :readit:
Agree with you there:ROFL:

Havin a few of these:blackstuff:after each days buildinghelps:smiler::smiler:

Doin it yourself gives a good sense of acheavement!! whens its complete.

Good luck; STAY SANE!!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

WOW !!! What a day ! Put on center stand Removed seat , side covers, Had to level bike horizontally before going on.

removed lower L&R Saddle bags.

Removed upper trunk. Now the manual would have helped here ! tough job.

removed trunk bracket, with everthing still on it. nice..

Removed both mufflers, strait from the converter.

removed axle, and rear tire, brake caliper. next will be the swing arm.

I could NOT do this in a cold garage. we have 10" of fresh snow today. ugh.

·
Administrator
58,161 Posts
imported post

Dan,

I merged Day 2 with Day 1 to keep it all in the same thread.

I have also sticky'd it to the top for a few days until folks get used to seeing it.

Then, we will move it to the FAQs where all of the other Sticky'd build up threads are.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Very nice!!! Keep us all updated on the progress, the way you're coming along so far you'll be riding next month...... well early spring anyway. Keep it up and enjoy the resulting Trike...

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

OK Here is another day gone by, everything was pretty much strait forward to this point. did not really need any manuals or call a buddy. However, it looks as it will get more physical from here on. Jacking up the body, axle, etc. aligning, ect. I thought this was all bolt on, ~~ and it is, but still have to weld the axle, and maybe a couple other places not so required. Just a lot of steps left to go. I don't care !! I WILL be riding this thing :ROFL: I was really surprised, for a 96 model wing, nothing is rusted or worn looking. then again only 15k on it. I seen a bike today outside , no tarp, and a foot of snow on it. Man I hate seeing those things,.

Removing that swing arm was a well thought process before starting. There was ike a castle nut, and of course, I never had the wrench, was about to make one, when this little guy in me said... pst... no ones looking, so I took the punch. 3 hits and bingo. next the Left & right bearing pivits. They used a #17 hex. DUH !!! I had this hex punch. a 19 metric wrench fit it. so i ground down the six sides.:cheesygrin:worked like a champ.

so today I : removed swing arm, battery box, reverse resister, kick stand, i think that's it. still using center stand, shimmed to keep bike level. (or half bike). good day !

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Progress ,it will be tike in no timeKeep on keepin on

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Oh yeah ,If you wish to eliminate the side stand and not worry about the switch opening up ans shuting down.
Just Take the Green/white and green wire and put them together.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Mcdanl wrote:
WOW !!! What a day !
Did,nt remove top frame on mine,cut pannier brackets off.Centrealised tri wing chassis,cut mudguard around chassis and cross member

you may have to grind cut tri wings top chassis to sit flush to original rear frame.

Good luck Mani

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

well, saturday ! not too much accomplished, but did make some steady progress. Got that upper trunk drilled and the frame work for the saddle bags, cut off. I know the photo was a little early today, but the new swing arms are on, and the axle. so skip Sunday, and monday I shoud have some better pictures. I am posting these at night, after working on it. I get more done in the afternoon, and evening hours. I don't plan on waitng for spring to get this done. :?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.