Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
24,817 Posts
I've been around lurking, just haven't had a lot to say. I did get a tpms system to use with my new setup. Looking forward to hopefully make the next midwest meet and greet, depending where and when
It will be the same when and in the same area.
Have you got your tires mounted yet?

·
big PIA
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Lol, not yet, gonna be a few days before front tire even shows up. Still have to dismount the old tire off my spare rear rim yet, too stiff because of the cold right now

·
1,630 Posts
Lol, not yet, gonna be a few days before front tire even shows up. Still have to dismount the old tire off my spare rear rim yet, too stiff because of the cold right now
Put wheels and tires in your kitchen oven - as I remember it is all bigger in the US. LOL
(best to do this while your wife is out!).

·
Registered
117 Posts
I made the switch to the Darkside 14 years ago, for the sole reason of Safety.

A non run flat needs a lot more air than a Run flat does. (Ride isn't as smooth as with a RF)

While many use a non run flat.

It goes against WHY I chose to use a Run Flat.

Should I get a flat on a non run flat. That tire would be just as prone to come off the bead/wheel and possibly cause a crash,as a motorcycle tire would

I have had a piece of steel puncture my rear Run flat. Lost all the air in seconds!!

I was two up at the time. I was able to safely pull over and into a parking lot, while waiting for a friend to bring me another wheel-tire..

So for me. The Run Flat was the best choice for me.
Because the sidewalls are designed to hold the vehicle up while totally flat.

You will have to decide what you are comfortable with under such a heavy bike?.

·
big PIA
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Like I said I already have the P1 runflat, I want the comfort in being a little bit safer. Plus I like the idea that it should last much longer. So far I don't get much over 5000 miles in a year, this past year got about 2000 of that during the week of the midwest meet and greet. Hope to start getting more miles in this year

41 - 48 of 48 Posts