Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Finally came out to put rear wheel on the bike to find it completely flat. Aired it up to 40 psi and put water around the bead to find out it is leaking most of the way around so now I am back on hold. I probably need to go buy some bead sealant and break beads to put sealant around in. Any recommendations on what kind to get?

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
No corrosion, I broke it down and checked it, put bead sealant on it and seems to be good now, was starting to get dark so will have to check it again when its daylight

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Lost 5 psi in past 3 days, so need to break down the other side and spray valve stem 1st to make sure it's not the problem

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Running a Bridgestone Driveguard RF. On my 3rd one. Tire pressure varies between riders, everywhere from 28psi to 40 psi. I'm at 36-38psi just to keep my factory tpms happy for trips.

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Just tried breaking lugnuts loose on side stand and didn't work. What's the easiest way to get them loose?

·
Administrator
25,565 Posts
Did you have it in 1st gear?

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Yes I did, I think it's just a matter of leverage, I am going to try again today with it on center stand. I think being on side stand bothered me because they were so tight and noone else was home if I did need help

·
Administrator
25,565 Posts
Definitely on the center stand. I didn't pick up on you had it on the side stand at first, not a good plan.

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Just tried on center stand, need to wait until I can have someone else here to help, even in 1st the wheel will turn before but loosens.
Plus I think it will be much easier to lay down and pick it back up with help. My right shoulder has been hurting somewhat

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Got the tire off and new tire on. Went for a couple miles ride but I really couldn't tell a difference between the motorcycle tire or the car car tire. To me that is a success.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts