Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Neil. Lots of Darksider threads here, just type "Darkside" in the forums Search box and read away.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I love my Dunlop Austone Taxi tire! wouldn't swap it for anything else!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

If you want any engineering facts about darksiding I'll be happy to give them to you. PM me and I'll send everytnig I have attained from the tire engineers.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

As mentioned ,there are many threads on this subject here . I find , those who "Darkside" generally love it . Those who never tried it generally poopoo it and defend cycle tires to the end .

i like my tires made of black rubber and filled with a high concentration of nitrogen . Tars aint pretty , you go -they go , you stop- they stop.

·
Premium Member
42,646 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

That is the DS link

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

Hmmmm............here's MY suggestion. Study as much as you can find on this forum about "Darksiding" and when you feel qualified - express an opinion here. Any opinion, for OR against.....doesn't matter.

Then run and hide!:cheesygrin:

T.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome neilrupp[/align]
[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]:waving:[/align]

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thank You all for the greatWelcome to your great forum. I'm glad to read the post on darksideing. I have a car tire on my 650 Burgman scooter and very happy with it. We just purchased a 2003 Wing and as soon as I need tires I'll put on the tire that you all have already done research on. To cold now in Bryan Ohio to ride. Come on spring.Thanks! Neil

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

tnoort wrote:
Hmmmm............here's MY suggestion. Study as much as you can find on this forum about "Darksiding" and when you feel qualified - express an opinion here. Any opinion, for OR against.....doesn't matter.

Then run and hide!:cheesygrin:

T.

:D:D

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
imported post

neilrupp wrote:
Thank You all for the greatWelcome to your great forum. I'm glad to read the post on darksideing. I have a car tire on my 650 Burgman scooter and very happy with it. We just purchased a 2003 Wing and as soon as I need tires I'll put on the tire that you all have already done research on. To cold now in Bryan Ohio to ride. Come on spring.Thanks! Neil
Neilrupp:

Welcome to the forum. In case you haven't read enough about "the dark side" if you put a car tyre on that 1800, it WILL burst into flames going down the road!!! and you won't be able to lean into the curves (that's where the ignition starts)

So going back to your 650 "burger" it is NOT SAFE with that square tire,so you should get rid of it. I'll pm you my address so you can drop it by.

Don't need to thank me, just trying to keep you safe.:cheesygrin:

Oh and here are BOTH of the tracks on my bike, don't you worry about me, I'll carry a fire extinguisher.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

The Darkside is a personal choice. I for one have put 80,000 miles or so on my GL1800 with Car tires. As stated before check out the GL1800 Darksiders board. Lots of great info there.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

The Darkside is definitely discussed on this forum but does not have a place designed specifically for it. As mentioned previously, gl1800riders.com has a dedicated spot for it. While it is good, I still do not think it is any better,except for actual specs and sizes you will be able to research. I think this forum does a good job of being evenly responsive to going Darkside or not. The other forum is very one sided of course.:?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.