Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:?Hi All Hope all are riding safe,

Please can anyone put their finger on my problem ,my 1500 asencade 1996 has for a while been playing up on the dash read out ,whenI start bike, the reading on the dash is blank it my stay this way for a while then all of a sudden it comes on. My clock also is not keeping time the radio/cassette image fails also,today I could`nt get reverse to work on the starter botton while screen blank but when screen came alive all was o k, It sounds like loose/dirty connection but where doI look for this?

:)Thanks to all ahead of comments

Peter...........

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The LCD display on some 1996-97 bikes gave this problem, ie the clock racing or retstting to 12 oclock and this may be causing your problem. I never seen s solution to this other than getting hold of another display.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

There never was a fix for the dodgy LCD display. Only fitting another one fixed this.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
imported post

Had this problem on my 1996 1500, the replies are correct, the only cure is to replace it with another display. The cheapest option is to pick one up at the breakers, they don't normally charge a fortune (got mine for 15 quid), but obviously make sure that the donor bike is not a 1996-1997 model :cool:

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

I had this problem on my gl1500 when I bought it. I got a used one from the UK for €40 and it's been working perfectly since then. Don't know what model year it's off but it's fine now.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Quite often over a period of time, what creates these electronic problems is humidity and/or condensation. As previously stated, replacement seems the only option.

Kyle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.