·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Ornery Old Cuss
308 Posts
imported post

As always, I'll be there. My site is on your left as you stop at registration. Right by the little announcement display case.
Hope to see some of you.
Dick

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Sadly I dont think we will be making it this year.:(

$$ are pretty much uised up with going down to ES:sleepy:

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

That sucks Digger, but at least we will get to meet you down in ES !! Hopefuly things change so you can afford to go, camping is cheap and I think thats how we are going to go...

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

tmdriverwannabe wrote:
That sucks Digger, but at least we will get to meet you down in ES !! Hopefuly things change so you can afford to go, camping is cheap and I think thats how we are going to go...
Yea we camp every year too.. Heck I have that kwik kamp... but between camping/gas/food.. ect... Nothing is carved in stone that we are not going... Just expecting not to... Unless anyone wants to send me some $$ :cool: :ROFL::ROFL:

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Just keep bidding $11.30, itll save u money...LOL

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Looks like I might be going now... Was talking to my buddy that we go with every year and he told me it wasn't an option for me not to go... He said he didn't have me light up his bike to pass on the light parade...

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I wish we had the funds to have you do ours too Digger, just not enough money right now to do it all....

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Linda and I might go up for a day trip, since it's only 3 hours or so away. Sad to say it's hasn't attracted the numbers it had in the past, but it is a really nice family-oriented event for those who are wavering and have never been.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Bump,, it was our first yr last yr, had a good time, like Cloud 9 said wasnt as many bikes as i expected but most of them were goldwings. That was up in the main parking area, doesnt include all the ones scattered throughout the park in the camping areas though...Lots more there and thats where ours will be too most of the time. Still tryin to decide if gonna be in the parade or not sat night...

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

This will be our 7th year.. Have seen a steady decline in bikes/venders.. imagine it has alot to do with the economy..

If we go we will be camping by the volleyball courts :waving:

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
imported post

Last year was my first time there and I really enjoyed it. I'll be there on Monday or Tuesday camping probably near the back somewhere. Stop by for a "coke". Looking for rides around IA and a trip to the famous www.gunderburger.com

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

We will be leaving Fri morning... Only a couple hour ride for us :applause:

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Dont know if we are gonna be able to go now, windshield has new problem out of the blue and needs replaced..posted in for sale forum lookin for one, check out the pic of damaged one...

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

tmdriverwannabe wrote:
Dont know if we are gonna be able to go now, windshield has new problem out of the blue and needs replaced..posted in for sale forum lookin for one, check out the pic of damaged one...
I'm sure you would be able to pick one up there pretty cheap :waving:

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

OH NO !!! I wish, when we were up there last yr none of em were under a 150bucks....I can buy several new ones online right now for bout 90, but theyre not exactly the ones i want....I'll keep lookin though..

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

tmdriver...I have a like new (I would guess 96% like new) Tall (Tulsa?) that the PO had on my 97 1500 Aspencade. He also gave me the original one and I swapped them out. I will PM you and shoot you an offer. Google maps shows you about 250 miles (4 hours) from where I work. I can usually get off by 3:00, so could meet you 1/2 way, realistically by 5:15-5:30 some evening? Or,if I can find a safe way to haul it on the bike I wouldn't mind a weekend drive down 1/2 way. We need to get you on the road! Check your PM. Oh yeah, it has the vent also and the windshieldd is very thick.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

I wanted to go but wife has other plans.:whip:

I turn 50 Saturday :birthday:and she wants to have a get together with friends and family on Saturday at my house. Guess I'll be entertaining guest at home.

I went by the manufacturer of Bunkhouse Camper Trailers yesterday in Elk Grove IL and looked at them. They are really nice. I was talking to the owner of the company as he was showing me the trailers and said they were supposed to go but the state of Iowa wouldn't allow out of state venders for RV's and camper trailers so he wouldn't be there this year.

I'm thinking about getting theLX model. $3350 for a new one. End of year clearance for another week at this price.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

MNSNOWMAN wrote:
tmdriver...I have a like new (I would guess 96% like new) Tall (Tulsa?) that the PO had on my 97 1500 Aspencade. He also gave me the original one and I swapped them out. I will PM you and shoot you an offer. Google maps shows you about 250 miles (4 hours) from where I work. I can usually get off by 3:00, so could meet you 1/2 way, realistically by 5:15-5:30 some evening? Or,if I can find a safe way to haul it on the bike I wouldn't mind a weekend drive down 1/2 way. We need to get you on the road! Check your PM. Oh yeah, it has the vent also and the windshieldd is very thick.
PM Sent...thanks...

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

tmdriver...pic's sent to your e-mail.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.