Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is it too early to bring this up? LOL!! I'm planing on making the trip from middle Tn down to Daytona in March if the weather cooperates... Anyone else thinking ahead like me?;) (attached ride @ deals gap last June)

·
Not Quite Right
2,525 Posts
imported post

I'm planning on hitting it up this year. It's only an hour and half away.

It just depends on my fictional work schedule right now, when I'll make it over there.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
imported post

Don't want to hijack your thread, but was starting to plan a ride to bike week in 2013. Have you been there before? Where is a good place to stay?

·
Not Quite Right
2,525 Posts
imported post

Tex wrote:
Don't want to hijack your thread, but was starting to plan a ride to bike week in 2013. Have you been there before? Where is a good place to stay?
Look at a map of the area around Daytona. Find one of the smaller towns, middlin' distance from it, and get a hotel there.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I've been there quite a few times over the years... I stayed in the Ocala area in October when Biketober was going on, but thats about 60 miles outside of Daytona. I don't participate in the night life much anymore... ;-)

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

the one place i do want to go to someday my dad is hell bent on sturgis i said screw that i'd rather go to sunny and warm florida where women were alot less clothing and really its bike week ever week down there this event just gives you a real exceuse to go

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

I'm planning on going, I stay at Nova Family Campground for the week. It's not too rowdy, sites are nice, the people that work ther are are very nice and they have some entertainment couple nights a week. The bath houses are always clean and TP and such stocked. It's in Port Orange about 5-10 miles from everything. They even have new Queen sized huts for rent this year some even have air conditioning.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Maybe you could pick me up on your ride South... (I assumed you're not trailering?)

I was thinking to maybe just take 65 to 10, and have more sunny riding than going 75 all the way...??

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

I'm going for the 9th time, lots of fun and all the new stuff is there. And depending on the weather the girls really wear a lot less than in SD..... Let's find a place for a meet and greet while there.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I think it was you I missed at the tents in october during biketoberfest? Maybe it will work out better this time... ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
I think it was you I missed at the tents in october during biketoberfest? Maybe it will work out better this time... ;-)
It might have been. Biketoberfest was awesome and I was hanging around the tents, watched all the attractions, and went home early to race a regetta on Saturday morning. Last Bikeweek my battery flat out refused to go anywhere but to the hotel where she promptly died after sitting in traffic for a few hours. This Bikeweek we will again try to get there early as there is a lot less traffic, more cool shows, cheaper rates on the resort hotels right by main street, and a lot more fun riding in the area without them orange and black trailer queens with their clueless business men on top of them. Lets just pick a tent and a time as early as possible and make it happen this year !

Last year we watched the space shuttle lift off:

And this is how we looked coming in to town:

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

My cousin and I are running down 77-26-95 to Florida pulling trailers with the bikes, him a cargo and me a leisure lite camper, leaving Wednesday hopefully making it to Orangeburg SC then finishing ride Thursday to the campground. Some of my friends stay at the Daytona Speedway in the infield for the week for around $200 it's primitive but they do have showers. I'd be up for a meet if you guys get one together for sure!!!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

You guys want to shoot for March 10th at the Daytona Speedway by the Honda tent 10am-12 or so? Someone got a better idea speak up!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Like I said, for me it kinda depends on the cooperation of mother nature... My ride is around 700 miles or so, and it's been known to snow here into April. I've never trailered before... ;-)

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

It's 965miles for me and I don't trailer either, I pull the camper with the motorcycle. Hoping mother nature cooperates!!!!! Shooting for Orangeburg SC on Wednesday then rest of the way Thursday!

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I'll most likely just pack a tent and sleep gear in a duffle since I'm riding solo... I've got a trailer, but it's unregistered. I'm sure that unlike TN, most States require a tag.

Don't mind riding all day if it's in the 50's, or even mid 40's with some sunshine... just won't do the rainy thing, unless its very warm out.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

ironmk wrote:
You guys want to shoot for March 10th at the Daytona Speedway by the Honda tent 10am-12 or so? Someone got a better idea speak up!!!!
My calendar is marked, the following week end might have made it better for more to come though. I will bid resectively to make it...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.