Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Planning a ride to Daytona for bike week in 2013. Want to start now to book reservations far enough ahead.

Gonna have a group of riders, probably 6 to 10. Gonna ride for 3 days there, hang out for 3 days, and 3 days back to Texas. The only question, is where to stay. Gonna party like rock stars, so want to be close enough to walk as much as possible to the attractions and the usuall rally events. Ending up in jail would really ruin the trip!!

Anyway...can anyone suggest places to bunk for the night in/around the rally?

Thanks...Tex

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you need to stay in Cabbage Patch Campground to party, got a little bit of everything but it is a little wild

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Ironmk,
Hows the weather up there? I'm from Canton myself.
Have to look you up and ride next time I am up there I guess.

Tex, did you mean 2013 or next year? 2012?

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

I always stay at the Plaza, it's within walking distance to Main Street as well as Lolipops. Hilton is another good option. This way you kinda get the best of both worlds, ride around during the day, end up in a hotel with beach access/view, and then after dinner walk to the nights festivities.

http://www.plazaresortandspa.com/

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Chromo, were planning ahead for 2013. Figure we need this much time to get our reservations in for the hotel/motel. The rest of the trip is easy after that, just stay where ya stop. Thanks everyone for the input!

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

The heart of the action has always been a bit too much for my tastes. Personally, I can think of no better way to start the day than an hours ride along the ocean, shadowed by patrolling pelicans overhead. I get this ride in by choosing a place in either St. Augustine or Titusville. A whole lot cheaper, plus you can get away from the crowd when you need to (it gets pretty maddening). If you want to be in the middle of it..choose either of the big campgrounds.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

Chromo wrote:
Ironmk,
Hows the weather up there? I'm from Canton myself.
Have to look you up and ride next time I am up there I guess.

Tex, did you mean 2013 or next year? 2012?
Weather as of now is still good, planning on taking the bike out on Christmas weekend if you can believe that. You let me know in a PM when you're coming and we'll go for a ride for sure!!!!!:action:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.