Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Help Just received my dc harness .Am I right. the two red&white plus black wires go to one red wire. Also two green wires go to one green wire? what do you do with the plug the voltage regulator plugs into. I need help fast. Thanks again.

Alski

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Thanks guys 12 1/2 hours. Not one reply.

Alski

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

Just saw your request for help, help me and tell me what you are doing and on what bike. As much detail as possible is needed. I am no expert on bikes but I am on DC, but I need you help in identifying what you are trying to do.

Al

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

When you get down to it there aren't that many on the forum who have installed the aftermarket harnesses. So it ain't personal, just gotta wait until someone like Al comes along that's got the experience.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Got it running good!

Alski

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Exavid Your going to love this. Dont put anti-seize on spark plugs on your Pratt& Whittneys Continentals or Lycomings, It cuts down the voltage your engine puts out.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

alski425 wrote:
Exavid Your going to love this. Dont put anti-seize on spark plugs on your Pratt& Whittneys Continentals or Lycomings, It cuts down the voltage your engine puts out.
I'll be damned I didn't know the plugs generated any voltage. That must apply to very old engines that didn't have shielded ignition systems since the plugs are also grounded through the ignition leads.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

alski425 wrote:
Help Just received my dc harness .Am I right. the two red&white plus black wires go to one red wire. Also two green wires go to one green wire? what do you do with the plug the voltage regulator plugs into. I need help fast. Thanks again.

Alski
All you need to do is contact Dave Cambell.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

yeh I,ve got to tell DC he gave me 1/8 inch too much yellow wire.

Alski

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
imported post

glad to hear you got it straightened out, I'm thinking of putting the dc harness on myself, how long did it take you?

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Don't know about the DC harness, but I installed an EC harness on my GL1200 the other day and "actual work time" for the install was about 45 minutes.

If anyone needs instructions on the EC harness, go to my web site, click on Tips/Tricks and there is a link for the EC Harness instructions.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

lboodge wrote:
glad to hear you got it straightened out, I'm thinking of putting the dc harness on myself, how long did it take you?
It doesn't take long, a couple of hours maybe. simple instructions come with the harness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.