Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this forum DEAD, or is the software still screwed up! Thread titles haven't changed in a couple of weeks?

Rayjoe

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
no,
thread titles are changing all the time,

activity though, depends on how many things are broken.

a lot of us are at NASR12 and simply not checking in.

are you using New Posts or other method?

Active Topics for me, is not worth a crap.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
goldwing

You might be loading the page from cache.
Have you tried refreshing the page once loaded?
Thanks Ken,

Yes I have tried refreshing the page several times. No dice.

I mentioned this problem several months ago. But It hasn't worked properly for quite some time now.

I have quit coming to this forum as often because of this problem. I'm running Windows 10 with Chrome as my browser. My computer is less than a year old and was state of the art. (for the first week.:ROFL:)

Rayjoe

·
Administrator
22,188 Posts
Yes, the forum is not dead. >:)

It's been slow for me for a long time. They say they fixed it, but I haven't seen much improvement. However...

I have not had the "won't refresh" problem. I think it must have something to do with the way your OS is caching stuff. Sort of where Ken and John are heading.

Did the site run okay for you when you first got the new computer?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Couple simple things to try.

Pressing F5 will refresh the current page in Chrome,... BUT... pressing SHIFT + F5 will refresh the page and ignore locally-cached content, so give that a try. Maybe something is stuck in your cache.

If that doesn't work, try deleting your cookies for this site. Navigate to chrome://settings/content/cookies, search for "goldwingfacts", and if there is an entry for it under Allow, select "Remove" from the row's menu. If it appears in Block, remove that entry as well.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
goldwing

Thanks Guys for all the suggestions,

However I'm not interested in running a different browser.

I tried the shift + F5 and got a screen that resembled HTML code. Couldn't get rid of it until I restarted my computer.

This forum software has been a pain in the neck even before I got my new computer.

I do not have this problem on any other forum or site, so it has to be this forums' software.

Quite frankly this site has become more hassle than it's worth. I will still check in not and then. (lurk)

Understand that it's nothing personal, but if this site can't handle industry standard software, then it's not very useful.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
703 Posts
The site is its usual slow self. No new issues I can see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I revived a year old thread, and got several hits...

If the forum were Mark Twain, it might say "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

·
Registered
322 Posts
@rayjoe, you may have a corrupt cookie for this site, or a corrupt Chrome profile. If SHIFT+F5 is giving you an "Inspect" or "View Source" page instead of doing a hard refresh, something isn't right with your Chrome install...

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
@rayjoe

my Chrome on my laptop is not registered to any forums, period. I only use it for testing how others see the forums.

for me, just now, it works exactly the way it should.

I logged in as one of my 'test users' who never post....
then hit "New Posts" and this is what I see.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts