Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Went out couple hoursafter fixing the neutral/no start and now she dead in the water, no lights, no clicky clicky, fuses all good, sensors cleaned and in place, cant check relays, wahoo more fun and games or I am not holding my mouth right. What do I look for now. Battery is charged reading 12.8.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

Have you tested the ignition switch?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Ignition switch checks okay, the hiways lights work also but they are hooked str8 to the bat.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi larry you were at the battery and the leads the other day check the dogbone fuse and the 30 amp n the switch beside the battery you

may also check all the leads you were at if you have a tester you can check down the +line until you dont get power any more

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Hey peter, have retraced all my steps. what could have happened after i repaired the nuetral switch.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

There is a 30 amp. fuse under the cover attached to the big relay just forward of your battery. Check it and you main fusable link too. Good hunting

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Yes they are good. keep em ideas coming, i am brain dead on this one.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Bad ground. Any time i have lost all power, on anything, all of a sudden it has been a bad ground. Even though the battery appears good, have you hooked it up to a set of jumper cables to another vehicle?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

the neutral switch should only stop the bike from starting not to cause you to loose all power haveyou a volt meter

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Yeah check for good ground, volt meter shows 12.8 at the battery. the top 15a fuse has no power to it whether key on or off. I think i can fix it with a gallon of gas, a match and an open field. hehe

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

I JUST WENT THRU THE SAME PROBLEM WIT MY GL1200 AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE

Solenoid AND THE DOG BONE FUSE. I HAD LOST POWER TO EVERYTHING. I REPLACED THE Solenoid AND NOW THE BIKE STARTS AND I HAVE POWER TO ALL MY LIGHTS AND INSTRUTMENT PANEL. GOOD LUCK. I FOUND A USE Solenoid ON E-AY FOR UNDER 10.00 DOLLARS.

·
Administrator
26,996 Posts
imported post

There was a recent thread on this same thing, I can't find it though. The connections at the solenoid in front of the battery were burned up.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

I read through all the threads on ignition problems triing to relate. I just cant test the fused solnoid, the dogbone and fuse are good. have taken both off line and will take to a local bike shop for testing.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

Bike was running so good and I took the week off to go to wing ding 3 hrs away and all of a sudden all this stuff, makes me miss my 900 custom.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

Dog bones and starter solnoid checked good as well as the neutral switch solnoid.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi larry have you checked the 30amp fuse in the starter relay

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Guess what ladies and gentleman (I apologise if that offends anyone) while I was at the shop another ole GW'er customer suggested I replace all the spade fuses for Sh**s and grins as they might test good but are to weak to carry the current, so I did and she is running fine (for now). Again we learn a valuable lesson on preventative maintenance.

Thanks all, you all rock!!!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

I replaced each fuse and tried starting after each, it was the top fuse in the fuse panel on the left side that made it come alive again.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

i had a problem with the wiring on mine, the fuse block was melted so i had to take it off and re wire the back of it. actualy cut the burnt wires and replaced them and by passed the block. worked fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.