Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[shadow=red]What dealers if any are coming to the Treffen this year. :)Last year we had Colin Appleyard etc. etc.:cool:[/shadow]

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

I hope theres more than one. I'm noy a club member but want to get some shiny pieces for my 1500 and if a few dealers go then it will save me a packet on mail order as I believe the deals are beter at treffens. :?

BTW Redwing, that red shadow text is really hard on the eyes!!! :p

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

well for 40 euro you can become a club member and the lads in the club have a huge knodledge on shiny bits and the prices etc.....Because you are not a club member you will pay a higher price into the treffen to buy your shiny bits,so why not join ?...Ciaran

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Hi Dave. You have an unusual last name so I was wondering if you are related in any way to Tony & Mary Heffernan from the N Ireland Club?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Hey Red I will be expecting you to supply each Forum member with a free pair of RAYBAN's if you are going to keep this style of font. It is 08:00, I am knackered, suffering from too much veno last night and your font is doing my head in :p:D

If you contact Steve Hendy from Avon Wings he will paint your bike in this colour for you if you like it so much.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

:dude::dude: Hi Redwing,you musthave loads of money for shiney parts,the burning question is will you have enough room for them all?????????To answer your question in relation to dealers,being on the wrong side of europe it seems to me that dealers have a problem facingAmerica for some reason,but anyway to clarify yes we have Appleyards with a huge amount of chrome and some extras for viewing they clarified this morning that they will be present ........Happy Buying..........Fitting.........Polishing.........and admiring, see you all at the treffen

Chris co-ordinator :D :D

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

But will Appleyards still be charging double the retail price of the same goods in the USA, :X I was recently at the French treffen and all the dealers were charging almost the same price as the states with maybe 10% in the difference ,whereas appleyards charge almost double ?

The goldwing owners from Ireland and the UK have given Appleyards a lot of business over the years ,so its about time they lowered their prices ,How can French dealers charge almost the same price as the states and the goods have to travel a little bit longer ?while the bikers friend (appleyard )charge double ? Ciaran

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

:) :) Hi Wexman,for some reason the irish members never had any bother in dealing with Appleyards,all sense of reasoning goes out the window when they set up theirstall,the irish lads think santa has landed,I remember in Galway last year when Stevie G drove into the racecourse there was Irish members sticking their heads in both the front door windows with a case of........Steve have you this?.....that?.....i want it!......keep it for me!!......how much is it?.......the poor man did not even get a chance to park his van and set up his stall,and on top of all that you wonder about his prices?with the amount of enquires i got about a stall i would be afraid not to have one because no Irish would come to the treffen.In relation to some irish that have notbeen out of Ireland to other treffens or to goldwing shops this is an idealopportunity to see what they are buying rather than seeing it in a catalogue i myself was once in that position and i was glad to have the opportunity to see items for myself, wait and see Appleyards will still be busy,but remember the Irish are good at bargainingthey will still go home smiling :D :D

Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

blue1800 wrote:
:dude::dude: Hi Redwing,you musthave loads of money for shiney parts,the burning question is will you have enough room for them all?????????To answer your question in relation to dealers,being on the wrong side of europe it seems to me that dealers have a problem facingAmerica for some reason,but anyway to clarify yes we have Appleyards with a huge amount of chrome and some extras for viewing they clarified this morning that they will be present ........Happy Buying..........Fitting.........Polishing.........and admiring, see you all at the treffen

Chris co-ordinator :D :D
You must have read some other post. :p I only asked a simple question was there any dealers coming to the Treffen. :shock: I dont need any bits for my wing, I was just thinking of other members who might need some parts. :D I would'nt buy anything from these people, the amount of money they charge for items is unreal. They buy all the stuff from the U.S.and just change the doller price into Stg.If a part in the U.S. is $60 they change that to £60stg.:cool: I buy/bought all my bits in the U.S. at half the money they charge. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Heffo wrote:
I hope theres more than one. I'm noy a club member but want to get some shiny pieces for my 1500 and if a few dealers go then it will save me a packet on mail order as I believe the deals are beter at treffens. :?

BTW Redwing, that red shadow text is really hard on the eyes!!! :p
Ok Heffo im sorry its affecting your eyes. :cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:

Hey Red I will be expecting you to supply each Forum member with a free pair of RAYBAN's if you are going to keep this style of font. It is 08:00, I am knackered, suffering from too much veno last night and your font is doing my head in :p:D
Ok Littlejohn I will send you a pair of Ray Bans with leather frames. :cool:

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
Hi Dave. You have an unusual last name so I was wondering if you are related in any way to Tony & Mary Heffernan from the N Ireland Club?
Littlejohn, no I don't know them. I'm born & bred Dublin and all my family as far back as I can tell are Dubs as well (Southside of course :p)

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

You are dead right redwing ,the prices that they charge are pure and simple robbery ..no other word for it ,And like you I source all my bits in the US and in France and Germany and Holland ,and dont forget we are buying retail in the states ,whereas Applweyard are buying wholesale and just ripping people of ..I am all on for everybody making money ,I have no problem with that ,but this is pure and simple rip off ,It will be intresting to see just how many Irish wingers buy stuff from them this year ,most of the people I come across are now buying direct from the states ,,DONT FORGET AMERICA IS ONLY A MOUSE CLICK AWAY ...Ciaran Meyler aka wexman

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

wexman wrote:
You are dead right redwing ,the prices that they charge are pure and simple robbery ..no other word for it ,And like you I source all my bits in the US and in France and Germany and Holland ,and dont forget we are buying retail in the states ,whereas Applweyard are buying wholesale and just ripping people of ..I am all on for everybody making money ,I have no problem with that ,but this is pure and simple rip off ,It will be intresting to see just how many Irish wingers buy stuff from them this year ,most of the people I come across are now buying direct from the states ,,DONT FORGET AMERICA IS ONLY A MOUSE CLICK AWAY ...Ciaran Meyler aka wexman
It would appear that these dealers aregiving the impression of doing the club a favour by attending the Treffen. :?The club should negotiate a % of their profits taking at the Treffen, to be paid before they leave the site. :cool: Like you wexman i dont have a prob with dealers making profit but this is day light robbery. I know of people serving time in prison for far less crimes. :X

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.