Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geez whiz, I just dropped in to a new-to-me dealership to pick up some shock boots.
It's in central Phoenix, a big showroom full of mostly dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. Not a single Goldwing.

A couple things I found odd. As said it was a big showroom and there were no signs for the parts or service departments. I figured it out, but signs would have helped.

Also, they had some Volcons there. I went to them and was giving them a serious look over. There were 4 salesmen on the floor, jabbering amongst themselves and not one came over to show one of the little bikes to me.

First time I'd ever heard of them. They don't seem to be getting very good reviews though. They're apparently not street legal.

·
Administrator
28,236 Posts
I have seen the same thing with sales people. When the 2018 wings came out I went in a dealership for a part and was looking at them, sat on one and the salesmen ignored me. I guess they could sense I wasn't really in the market.
An electric bike would be good for things like going to my mail box or into town for a small item or 2 but wouldn't be worth the cost.

Reactions: Bike...and Dennis

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
791 Posts
My dealer is big on off road. Used to have a lot street bikes and a few Goldwings. No so any more. Maybe a dozen street bikes and one Goldwing. Mostly side by sides. They do more sales on the off road stuff.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,008 Posts
Same here in Tulsa, OK.
the Honda dealership does not have a single Goldwing on the floor.
all dirt bikes and ATVs
and DaveO430 found out how good they are on clutch maintenance, he had to redo every thing do on my '02,
"they fixed it" and the next morning, the clutch lever went all the way to the hand grip.

I had to Winch it up into the trailer, so that I could haul it over to Dave to fix it properly.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
not one came over to show one of the little bikes to me.

I prefer it this way. Or the salesman introduces himself to me and just let me know he's available if I have questions then he goes away;
I hate waiters that repeatedly asks hows the food. All im thinking is " Leave me the F alone so I can eat in peace"

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm that way when I go into the Hyundai dealer for a part. Salesmen at car dealers won't leave you alone.
I was curious about the little electric bikes, though. Having never seen or heard of the brand before.
Shocked to find out they're made in Texas and not China.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Most dealers sell a lot more dirt bikes and water toys than Gold Wings. Most of them only have 1 Wing on the floor if they have any. My brother in law went into a car dealer on his way home from work,, he was kind if grubby looking he was looking at a new car on the showroom floor, several sales people looked at him but never said a work, finally he said 'DOES ANYONE WANT TO SELL ME THIS CAR!!" that got their attention.

Reactions: Road Ranger

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same here in Tulsa, OK.
the Honda dealership does not have a single Goldwing on the floor.
all dirt bikes and ATVs
and DaveO430 found out how good they are on clutch maintenance, he had to redo every thing do on my '02,
"they fixed it" and the next morning, the clutch lever went all the way to the hand grip.

I had to Winch it up into the trailer, so that I could haul it over to Dave to fix it properly.
Ive noticed the same attitudes here in So NH, lots of off highway toys and just a few street bikes. And no Goldwing's.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sign of the times right now. It appears everyone is so busy they don't even have to try anymore, I have been looking at tractors and it is hard to get even a return call. Went to several lots and told 3 to 6 months if I order one now that I can't even put hands on because they have none in stock. My local Honda dealer is more interested in boat and ATV sales the last few years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts