Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Dear Honda,

Every Goldwing made between 1988 and 2000 and every Valkyrie from 1997 to 2002 uses the same universal joint. This part has been out of production for over a year.

As the owner of two of these bikes this makes me very, very nervous!

This obtuse gap in parts supply effect millions of bikes world wide. I consider this a violation of the trust I have in the integrity of your company. Please put this critically needed part back into production.

Sincerely,
us385south

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

You might chk with the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club to see if there is a source for an after market mfr. for this part:cheesygrin:

·
Honda Guru
2,014 Posts
imported post

I punched in the number (40200-MZ0-A00) and it came up as available from Honda Direct Line.

Could it have come back????
Maybe they heard you!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

rayworx wrote:
I punched in the number (40200-MZ0-A00) and it came up as available from Honda Direct Line.

Could it have come back????
Maybe they heard you!!
Any Honda Dealer will take your order... then call you two weeks later to let you know it's on infinite back order.... Honda is in the process of sourcing a new vendor. For nearly two years now... this is causing serious woes in the Valkyrie camps. It is about time the wing community started grumbling too... maybe something might get done!

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
imported post

as the youngest of these bikes is 10 yrs old , I think they expect us to move up to 1800s. There has to be a way to solve this issue . Since I have 2 15s I might better begin to study this .

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Perhaps we can fine a shop that could press in some compatible U-joints into the bad ones?

They are machine pressed, not held in with cir-clips though.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

I am not sure if they can be rebuilt, they are not quite the same as the universal joints on cars that can usually be rebuilt.

·
Honda Guru
2,014 Posts
imported post

I ordered a new u-joint 8 days ago… it arrived Friday!!

They are now available…. so order soon and order an extra… you might never know when a buddies u-joint might go bad.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Ray please post where you got yours from, if I missed it I'm sorry, but this was a great find and yeah any thing that can help our members peace of mind is worth sharing...

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
imported post

Stuff like this is what I have been complaining about you sell the darn things here and in other countries but when it gets more than ten years old or older forget it good luck on finding it the part.Everyone says well you could check with Joe Snuffy at his cycle Salvage yard or Ebay where you pay out the butt for it and the shipping cost is as much as the item you can get a part for a Harley 15 years old or older what is it Honda are you too busy trying to make money on the newer Goldwings and clearly won't help keeo a supply of parts on hand it is us that helps sell your bike and products but we are upset the way we have to go just to get a part you shouldn't have to go to a after market for a part that might not fit or made cheap Honda needs to be acounted for their products.Everyone have a blessed day.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Okay Barnesville, GA... calm down.;)

(I was actually in Barnesville last June. Have a friend with a place on Jackson Lake. I used to live in Clayton County.)

It seems that Honda has found a new vendor... and the latest word from the Valkyrie riders out there is that back-orders ARE being filled... slowly. Prices are still sky high as the parts are still relatively rare and hard to come by... but I suspect the worst is over and the new supply is beginning to trickle out.

Crisis averted!

·
Honda Guru
2,014 Posts
imported post

I got my u-joint from Honda DirectLine…. but if it's available from HDL then it should be available through all other Honda dealers. It's a BackOrdered part that's been released…. any Honda dealer should be able to order it for you. Even still….. the Parts Manager should be able to check stock with Honda to make sure it's still available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.