Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dean Schlitter, who ran the Honda Powersports dealership in Oelwein, Iowa, died last week. I bought my 2005 Goldwing trike from him and had some service work done there. Dean ran a dealership, NOT a stealership. He was a gentleman, and easy to deal with.
He will be missed.
No word yet on the fate of the business.

·
Banned
500 Posts
shame. but he aint the only one. lots of dealers have closed per destroyed ecomomy. when oil field shut down, motorcycle dealers took a big hit. when logging gotshut down, ditto.

in fifty years, the economy supported motorcycling, then comes 2008.

i had heart attack same year. some things just go hand in hand. like jobs and buying luxury items like motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
May he rest in Peace . Perhaps the dealership will remain and continue to be run as it was.

·
Magic Moderator
4,530 Posts
Sad news, may he rest in peace and prayers for the family. Hopefully family will continue to run the business the way the owner did.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Dean Schlitter, who ran the Honda Powersports dealership in Oelwein, Iowa, died last week. I bought my 2005 Goldwing trike from him and had some service work done there. Dean ran a dealership, NOT a stealership. He was a gentleman, and easy to deal with.
He will be missed.
No word yet on the fate of the business.
I remember going in to that place when I was a kid, dreaming of the day I could own one of my own. Thought it would never happen back then. I loved the smell of that place (the smell of most motorcycle dealerships).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts