Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Made a trip in the cage to NC this weekend and on the return leg got passed by a zoom splat with a death wish. This rider was zippping past several cars at a time with no reguard to passing zone markings, tailgating and crowding the center line. I was wondering where th cops were at a time like this. I kept and eye out for him along side the road but I guess he made it to his destination OK. You just have to wonder what, if anything, is going through their minds when they drive that way.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Yesterday I was on I80-94 doing about 75 myself when a crotch rocket flew past me like I was standing still. He had to be doing over 110. No helmet, t-shirt, gym shoes. He was followed by two of his friends similarly attired. Traffic was moving but it was heavy. About 3 miles down the road they were off on the side talking on cell phones. I am glad they were not my kids.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

Then when these idiots are lucky enough to reach their destination in one piece, they think it was because of their superior riding skills, their confidence and ego is grossly inflated, and their more likely to keep on doing it until fate catches up with them. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

When they hit something, or when something hits them, the last thing that goes through their brain will be their ass. Riders like that give all of us a bad impression with cage drivers.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

I saw this back years ago on I-10 here in Houston....The traffic was at a dead stop none going nowhere...I'm on my Suzuki waiting for a chance to get off the freeway, when I heard the sound of some loud pipes coming from behind me, I don't have to say what kind of bike it was....This guy was riding between the lanes weaving in and out he wasn't wasting no time....When three cars up from me someone opened their car door to see if they could get out and see what was holding up traffic.....That car driver didn't even have the time to step out before this nut hits that car door.....Needless to say that biker hit that door went through the door window, bike tears the door off of the car and that biker then caused traffic the have to wait some more while the EMT's pealed his dead body off the cars in the next lane......

Now I have always hear that God protects fools and drunkards, my Dad said that, And there are times when I see these Zoom Splats doing what they do best...Running like the hounds of hell are after them and they live to tell about their rides.....But when they do crash and burn ......We all suffer the out rage of the public....Not Fair, Not Right either that their stupidity gets us all lumped into the same category.....

Claude....

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

There are certainly idiots on all types of bikes, but the zoomsplat riders do seem anxious to use that speed and acceleration. All too many times riders like to use their machines as a carnival ride instead of a motorcycle. What I hate seeing is when they have some young chick on back hanging on for dear life.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

I agree with you on that BC, you just want to pull themover and slap them side the head, not that it would do any good :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Ditto...

I've been there... once or twice in my youth. I wouldn't play-around with someone on the back though. Hell, I felt lucky enough just having someone on the back that didn't know the real deal, and I sure wasn't about to screw it up.

Experience is what it is.

When I was half as tall as I am now, my Dad took me for a ride on the back of his new CB750 Super Sport...

Well... I'll just leave it at that, as I'm still searching for a competent Therapist.

Steve.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

Last summer my wife was riding the interstate with the kids in the minivan. Up comes 3 riders doing wheelies at very high speed! She called 911 - The cops were right up the road. 2 got caught, 1 got away? She was just angry to have anybody drive like jerks with impressionable boys watching. If you are going to kill yourself, please don't it where we all have to watch!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Relax Brian... Drink your coffee.

...I'm nowhere near Maine.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
imported post

A couple of years back, a friend of my wifes son went and bought a rocket bike from a dealer. He had no experience and no drivers license. Took his bike to show some friends. They tossed back a few and he took off for home. He failed to negotiate a turn on the interstate, (cops said about 110 mph) and hit a guard rail. Lived about three days and then cashed in. The kid had a good education (computer science), a good job, was contemplating marriage, and one bad decision it was all gone..........so it's NOT just the "dumb" ones.............

G

·
imported post

I allways ask HOW MUCH TIME/FUN IS YOUR LIFE WORTH?
I drove trucks cross country for about 20 years have seen many many ways people drive and some are crazier than you can imagine. So hense the question.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

The spookiest thing I have seen, is a guy wearing flips, shorts, and a tank top. Pulling an 85 MPH wheelie, splitting lanes, in traffic of a friday evening rush hour.

yow!!

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

That's why the armed forces likes youngsters to man the ranks, they all think it can't happen to them........ sigh....... :(:(

The older I get the more I see this................

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

How do you know the police depts phone number on the freeway??? Lucky she didn't kill anybody messing around on the cell phone when she was driving. I heard a lot of people are causing accidents and getting killed or killing someone else.

They ought to outlaw cell phone use when you're driving.

Al

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
imported post

Same type of thing happend to us coming home from a trip to the BRP. We were in a minivan with another couple and 8 dreadlocked zoomsplats came flying down I26 weaving in and out of traffic, looking back to see where there buddies were, riding with one hand at high speed. They would work their way through traffic, then all of them would stop in the emergency lane and have a chat. 5 minutes later they would do it again. We went through 4 iterations of this and it was a miracle that they didn't cause a pile-up or have a wreck themselves. Several cagers had to slam on brakes more than once to keep from hitting them as they would cut us off. It is true that these guys give all MC riders a bad reputation. I just wonder, was this some type of zoomsplat MC initiation ceremony or just zoomsplat group think?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
imported post

I'm afraid it's the adrenelene rush and the power of these bikes to an 18 - 19 year old is irresistable (I was once young and stupid). My 19 year old son who lives in the UK recently got an insurance quote for a 600cc crotch rocket and it was over £10,000 ($16,000) for a year for a $5,000 bike obviously a high risk at that age. The majority of young kids don't ride crotch rockets in the UK.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

ali wrote:
insurance quote for a 600cc crotch rocket and it was over £10,000 ($16,000) for a year for a $5,000 bike

$16,000 for insurance! :shock: I'd rather walk!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Predator wrote:
How do you know the police depts phone number on the freeway??? Lucky she didn't kill anybody messing around on the cell phone when she was driving. I heard a lot of people are causing accidents and getting killed or killing someone else.

They ought to outlaw cell phone use when you're driving.

Al
Most states have a standard 911 or other 3 digit number to dial for the state police or highway patrol. Here in South Carolina it's *HP and a lot of people have it on speed dial and even use the voice command feature to dial it. In case like mentioned I totally agree about using a cell phone to call it in. The Amber Alert system depends on this ability quite a bit.

It's actually safer to use the cell for emergencies on the free way than in a city setting. In city I won't touch mine till I can find a safe place to pull over into a parking lot to make or return a call.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
imported post

Fresh out of the Military, V65 Magna, hot day, scantilly clad, helmetless, 22 yrs old, 145mph, DUMB-DUMB-DUMB!!! LUCKY-LUCKY-LUCKY!!! Thank goodness I have matured a little, I still run into people that say, "you still like them damn motorcycles, don't you!" what can I say, they are fun! but my bike & riding style has changed alot.:cool:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.