Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought two new side covers for my 99 SE Goldwing from a dealer. When I reveived them three weeks later I was very pleased with them untill I noticed that one came with the decal already on it clearcoated like it should be and the other came with no decal. I contacted the dealer and hesaid they come plain and that I would have to buy the decals to put on them. He said I got lucky to get the one already done before the clearcoat. This didn't make since to me but Iv'e orderdthe decaltwice now and both times gotten the wrong color, grey with a yellow stripe. The first one had the Honda part number for the grey. The second time it had the correct part number (83715-MAM-L70ZD) for my 176 spectra red, but stillwas grey with a yellow stripe. Mine should be maroon with a red stripe. The dealer calledhis Honda suplier and they said it was the correct one for my bike and that the decal would change color when aplied to the red paint.

Has anyone else had this trouble? I think Ishould return theone without the decal and buy a used one off Ebay.:(

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:New Honda parts like that should come color matched w/decals and clear coated from the factory.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I just called another local Honda dealer and asked him if the parts should come with the decal already on it and he said he didn't know. I asked if he could find out for me he said his boss wasn't there today.

Since the decal has to be clearcoated over you would think it should come that way.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Hi,

I lost the right side cover from my 98 Se and had big trouble finding the right cover in black and silver!! ended up having to get a black one and having it painted up with the silver and pin stripes and then clear coat to get a match!!

Uk Honda dealers were no help in the least and got one from the US but only in black!!

I know this is no help but at least you know your not alone!!

Regards

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

Sounds like the stealer sold you one for se and one for aspencade. I can not remember where, but you can order these online. Maybe you can do a search or someone will chime in and tell you.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

My 99 SE (red) has the decals and they are under the clear coat. I'm pretty sure it's all stock. Good luck with this endeavor :action:

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

miles.from.nowhere wrote:
My 99 SE (red) has the decals and they are under the clear coat. I'm pretty sure it's all stock. Good luck with this endeavor :action:
Yep mine also, red 2000se. You should be able to buy any plastic ready to install. Some of the stealers should be working in Congress instead of dealerships.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Yesterday the dealer said he would order me another left side cover to see if it might come with the decal already on it like the right side did. At least he's trying to help me. The price he charges for the new side covers is better than any other place Iv'e tried so far. I think I gave around $180 for the left side and $165 for the right.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I had replacement sides painted last year & had the "Decal" "painted" on & clear coated, worked fine & not expensive:action::action:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
imported post

ozarks56 wrote:
Yesterday the dealer said he would order me another left side cover to see if it might come with the decal already on it like the right side did. At least he's trying to help me. The price he charges for the new side covers is better than any other place Iv'e tried so far. I think I gave around $180 for the left side and $165 for the right.
$180 for the left and $165 for the right?!?!?!?! wow, i'm just super cheap and the covers you bought are easily worth a spare wing ;) although mine doesn't look nearly as good as yours i bet. i'm more of a function that aesthetics guy. if it gets me where i want, i could care less what it looks like. and speaking of, i really wanna repaint my wing this year, possibly make my own decals, solid brass and copper!

chris

hope you get the exact piece and color you're looking for!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I was wrong in my last post. The right side cover was $153 and the left side cost me $171. I bought them from a discount parts dealer in NC. They are genuine HONDA parts that are a hole lot cheaper than my local honda dealer sells them for.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Mine is getting repainted right now. My daughter and her hubby work together, he does the body work and paint, she does the air brushing. Thats why I bought new side covers for spares in case I deside to sell my wing later, I can keep the old side covers she's air brushing for me with Eagles on them intsead of decals, above new chrome scuff plates. Im also getting wide maroon stipes painted on the finders to match the honda decals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.