Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

We met up in Clinton and started North for Eureka Springs. Made a stop in St. Joe for a great visit with Andy and Gene on their way home. After exchanging war stories we continued up hwy 65 to Harrison and took hwy 62 to Eureka Springs.

Then came the tough part of the trip ... how to return to center Arkansas. We decided on hwy 23 to hwy 16 then hwy 7 to hwy 164. That got us back to I-40 and pretty close to home.

Had a great ride with Dedubya ... it was a beautiful day. Only one incident during the trip ... we got passed as we entered hwy 16 ... but I am too embarrassed to say what type of vehicle it was. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Maybe Dedubya will be able to explain ... :D

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Were you guys passed by a street sweeper?:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

Alright, let's all guess.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

I now know of those roads you are riding! I'm envious.... wish I could have been there!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

hoodad463 wrote:
Were you guys passed by a street sweeper?:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

Alright, let's all guess.

Well ... we don't have street sweepers in rural Arkansas ... allI can say ... it was bad .. :(

I don't know if a guy should ever tell .... :action:

CJ, it was really fun ... it has been a while since I've explored all the roads that intersect Highway 7 ... I plan on correcting thatvery soon. What better way to break in the new bike... but some day I want to ride along the Columbia River...

Bob

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
imported post

Wish you two could have made it to Eureka Springs a couple days earlier! We missed both of you! :cool:

·
Administrator
27,786 Posts
imported post

You guys do know those bikes have 5 speeds not including neutral and reverse?

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

Great to stop for a chat and a chance to meet Dedubya, it would had been nice if someone would had mentioned the traffic jam in Clinton.:cheeky1: I betyou were passed by an ATV. And you gave it a wide berth.:cheeky1::cheeky1:

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Humm....should I confess?? It wasreally all Monk's fault! See, it's like this...I wasn't totally sure of a turn and was in the lead. I told Monk I'm not a good leader anyway. Gene, you're right...an ATV passed as I was trying to get confirmation from Bob that I was going in the right direction. And an old 3-wheeler at that!! How embarrassing! :blushing:

Didn't get to return the favor cause the 3-wheelerturned off shortly thereafter.

I finally got to meet lopeha and GLester. I really enjoyed our brief conversations and only wish I had made it to Eureka...maybe next year.

I didlearn one important thing from riding with Monk and confirmed my beliefs for certain...Pearl WhiteIS the fastest color! :p

DeDubya :18white:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

DeDubya wrote:
I didlearn one important thing from riding with Monk and confirmed my beliefs for certain...Pearl WhiteIS the fastest color! :p

WHAT !! I thought Red was the fastest color!

Wasn't that the color of the ATV?? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Bob

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Monk wrote:
DeDubya wrote:

WHAT !! I thought Red was the fastest color!

Wasn't that the color of the ATV?? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Bob
:doh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.