Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21661 - 21672 of 21672 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
imported post

Am thinking of possibly riding my bike to work which is a hours drive. I live in deer country and am just curious as to if any of you have and/or use those deer alert things that you see advertised some in magazines once in a while. I've seen them on cars but never on a bike. Supposedly make some kind of high frequency sound.The drive to work would be during dark hours and I certainly don't wanna be messing with any deer. Just would like to get the consensus of my fellow riders as to whatyou think about riding at night and what you think of those deer alerts. Thanks much!! (BTW, hit one with my car not 3 weeks ago but I don't have those alerts on the car either.)
I got my dad a black set for his old hogs he rides and he threw a set on the front fender which I was riding regularly. They work incredibly well at speeds over 35mph. I had deer literally stop in their tracks trying to cross the road or even JUST about to run out in front of me at first notice of the Alerts which are non existent to the human ear but apparently their PERK straight up to the whistles. I even had a huge buck 75 yards at least out in a field Stand straight up paying close attention to the bike as I came up on him until I was past. I believe they only really kick out the pitch at 35mph and over though. But IMHO they are must haves for any biker riding during the early morning or evening/ nighttimes in Deer country and I'd much rather be safe then sorry. Just my two cents... Shine On.

·
Premium Member
58,351 Posts
We all know that
deer alerts don't work.

·
Premium Member
55,679 Posts
A great testimony from on who knows
Deer Alerts work

·
Premium Member
55,679 Posts
Doesn't matter what the color is
Deer Alerts work

·
Premium Member
58,351 Posts
You are so right.
Deer alerts don't work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We will all have to agree to disagree as this conversation will be pointless til i provide video proof. And i shall do just that. Ridiculous noone has been able to video the results of having these mounted. It literally is a whistle that will get the attention of the animal. Which in turn may or may NOT startle it but it def makes them stop what they are doing and check themselves to gather their bearing even for a sec before reacting to the whistle wether or not they choose to run into the road may be due to how the whistle hits their ears ie. Direction of accoustics would play a huge role into this. If the deer in question would have a wall of trees right behind it how dense the foliage is blase blah. Use your head gents but to argue a point without further discussion is merely tossing your heartfelt opinion with no reasoning for the opinion. Good Lord. LoL literally waste of bandwidth in a subject obviously argued by unfounded opinions.

·
Premium Member
58,351 Posts
Deer alerts just don't work.

·
Premium Member
55,679 Posts
Deer Alerts work just fine

21661 - 21672 of 21672 Posts