Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 21751 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Tonys96 wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Over here, we refer to people with a lot to say as, having alot to rabbit about, and we say " boy, he's got a lot of bunny!" Do you have the same over the pond?:baffled::goofygrin:

pete
No
Well that question sure had some millage in it, glad I didn't post it as a fresh one. I guess I'll forget going down the line of bunnies and rabbit and talking alot then!!:stumped::goofygrin:

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Black Bart wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Over here, we refer to people with a lot to say as, having alot to rabbit about, and we say " boy, he's got a lot of bunny!" Do you have the same over the pond?:baffled::goofygrin:

pete
Don't they haveGals full of spunk?



BB
I don't know BB but I sure 'aint going to be the first one to ask them!!:blushing:
Aw Silverfox, there's another bubble burst, I had you down as totally fearless:goofygrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

wannabe wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Black Bart wrote:
Silverfox wrote: Don't they haveGals full of spunk?



BB
I don't know BB but I sure 'aint going to be the first one to ask them!!:blushing:
Aw Silverfox, there's another bubble burst, I had you down as totally fearless:goofygrin:
Not me Wannabe, I get scared walking into a Kentucky Fried chicken, incase they they mistake me as some ingredient!! Cluck cluck:goofygrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Yuk,thanks, you have just reminded me why I don't actually frequent those fast food establishments, and I use the word food loosely.

Anyway, wwhilst feeling brave, Wannabe, why don't you say where inUK you live?

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,566 Posts
imported post

There that didn't hurt did it? :clapper: no reason - deepest darkest Cornwall - the bit on the other side of Plymouth, but I hail from near your neck of the woods originally, near Maidstone
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

wannabe wrote:
There that didn't hurt did it? :clapper: no reason - deepest darkest Cornwall - the bit on the other side of Plymouth, but I hail from near your neck of the woods originally, near Maidstone
Nevermind Maidstone, Cornwall eh, anywhere near Helston, only I was based at Culdrose many years ago. Loved it down there, from what I can remember, I was very young and very drunk!! Nah, only joking, I wasn't that young.:goofygrin:

Maidstone hasn't changed much, just the railway running to the water, none of all that was there when I used to go to Chatham. I am not name dropping, just well travelled like a good wine!:jumper:

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
anywhere near Helston, only I was based at Culdrose many years ago. Loved it down there, from what I can remember, I was very young and very drunk!! Nah, only joking, I wasn't that young.:goofygrin:



Ah a Navyboy eh? were you one of those noisy buggers buzzing us in helicopters?

yes I know Helston, used to work in Midland Bank there - till I saw the light :goofygrin:

I saw an earlier post about Spingo,

was going to congratulate you on managing that much!:gunhead::gunhead::gunhead: they still brew on the premises, and it's still " falling-down water ":cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Brojees wrote:
Tonys96 wrote:
Boy...ask a serious question...
Serious question? From US? LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!:skipping::skipping::skipping::skipping::skipping:
Come now Brojees, I am sure if we all think very hard, we can come up with something serious. Let's allow, say a week or so and I am certain we can do it.:(

Isn't there some motorcycle stuff we could discuss?:?

Here we go, I've thought of a serious question already......

Over here, we refer to people with a lot to say as, having alot to rabbit about, and we say " boy, he's got a lot of bunny!" Do you have the same over the pond?:baffled::goofygrin:

pete
Pete

Picked the wrong one to ask with me. My household language is not english. Then I was once told my accent in english sounds like a drunken Greek in Dublin, of course a kiwi told me that, so who knows? Having no decent accent of my own, I seem to mimic others. And to make it special, my sayings seem to span the globe!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9 Posts
imported post

Ok, Does that mean we are really in search of the Holy Grail????:baffled:

For the life of Brian???? How I attract all the ugly deer?:stumped:

Greg
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

wannabe wrote:



Ah a Navyboy eh? were you one of those noisy buggers buzzing us in helicopters?

yes I know Helston, used to work in Midland Bank there - till I saw the light :goofygrin:

I saw an earlier post about Spingo,

was going to congratulate you on managing that much!:gunhead::gunhead::gunhead: they still brew on the premises, and it's still " falling-down water ":cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
Nah, wasn't me making the niose, I was a junior stores accountant 2nd class, back then, in charge of the bedding needs of the noisey buggers!!

Well I am astonished to hear that the pub is still there after all these years. The beer was in huge casks behind the bar and syphoned off into a jug before going in the glass. We mostly drank in the Red Lion which was just round the corner. I had some good mates down there and we had a great laugh for a year or so. Since I am and was with the Midland bank, perhaps you were one of those to deny my overdraft, which kept me in beer money!!!:goofygrin:

I bet that Spingo would do some serious damage if it got out of Helston, boy was that strong gear.

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,566 Posts
imported post

no, Silverfox, I was much too lowly to either grant or deny overdrafts:baffled:

was working there for a year from spring 1979. did you by any chance ever go to the Trengilly Wartha?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

No I don't remember, I might havedone, but the name rings no bells in my befuddled brain. Was there in 74 so you can't be blamed for the money thing then.:goofygrin:

I had a whale of a time there, had an old MK1 Cortina between three of us, that we bought from a WREN for £60.00. Ran the thing all over Cornwall, never mind the lack of driving licences.:whip:

Most of the fly boys spent their time crashing choppers whilst I was there, threewent down thet I remember, and I watched two of them do it!! Saw the only "Skycrane" around then, came from Germany just to pluck a Seaking out of the mud field that he had ditched and sunk in!! Oh Happy days.

Some of the cracks we got up to, I wouldn't like to disclose , for fear that the poor old tax payers might demand a rebate!!

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Pete

Picked the wrong one to ask with me. My household language is not english. Then I was once told my accent in english sounds like a drunken Greek in Dublin, of course a kiwi told me that, so who knows? Having no decent accent of my own, I seem to mimic others. And to make it special, my sayings seem to span the globe!
Well think of it this way mate, you could change your name, and would feel younger. What bird is a good mimic ?...... A "Minor" bird
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

And the current sweeps off the sleeping shrimp.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
And the current sweeps off the sleeping shrimp.
Is this another of your recipies Brojees? First you give us, rabbit and pancakes and now you bring us currants and shrimps????:baffled::goofygrin::goofygrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

:doh::bash:

It's a saying from Venezuela.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
407 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Brojees wrote:
And the current sweeps off the sleeping shrimp.
Is this another of your recipies Brojees? First you give us, rabbit and pancakes and now you bring us currants and shrimps????:baffled::goofygrin::goofygrin:

Yes but its a bugger trying to get the currants balanced on the shrimps head

:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

BB
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
:doh::bash:

It's a saying from Venezuela.
Well as if that helps me???:baffled:The nearest I got to there was Rio and I don't remember it being used there.

Pete
 
41 - 60 of 21751 Posts
Top