Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

81 - 100 of 22779 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
No mate, you've got me there. Trouble is TV and the big screen aren't exactly my strong point, I've never really "done" TV or gone to the cinema much. As a kid I was too busy playing war games and riding push bikes as an adult I was too busy playig war games and riding motorbikes! I couldn't name you one character from a soap, and stars names escape me. I do remamber seing Kennedy shot and my dad dragged me out of bed to watch "one giant step for mankind" etc etc. I was scared s**tless by the Darleks so they were a no no, and I didn't even own a TV for the first 3 years of marriage.

So I could be described as backward when it comes to stuff on the big screens.

I can however role my eyes indipendently of each other like the emoticon, make the screeching noise with a blade of grass and impersonate an owl!! All the kind of things that I found more fascinating than TV!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

Iused to do that blade of grass thing too, but only when mum wasn't around - she didn't think it was a very ladylike thing for me to be doing :baffled::baffled:

She wouldn't have approved of me riding my mate's BSA Bantam around her dad's farm either - but then she didn't know :goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

Your a real hoot!:dance:

I recently attended a charity event with the cast of Emmerdale, it was really embarrassing....I've never seen an episode and didn't know who anyone was....:D

but your assetion that you have never seen TV since the Daleks and the first moon walk is a bit suss - who is John Cleese , Eric Idle , Graham Chapman , why do the voices in my heads keep telling me to type?...............WHY?

BB

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Obviously, the passage of time has left you in a time warp BB!! Do you realise just how many years ago Monty Python was on??!!!:stumped::stumped:

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I do and it's a pity there's so little after. The parrot skit and Abbot and Costello's baseball routine are to me the funniest things I've ever seen on screen or TV.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I do and it's a pity there's so little after. The parrot skit and Abbot and Costello's baseball routine are to me the funniest things I've ever seen on screen or TV.
Parrot sketch was and still is, one of the best ever! :goofygrin:One of the reasons the TV lays dormant in the corner so much these days, is because mostly the quality is C**P

Last decent comedy was " One foot in the grave", just about everything else leaves my chuckle muscles unimpressed.:whip::2finger:.

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Kind of funny how a thread about deer whistles ends up talking about a dead parrot. a parrot that is no more, a parrot that has passed on.....so you can bring out your dead

Yes I am a big Python fan:clapper:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Hey "Silverfox" no wonder you've survived so long riding Bikes that "Eye " trick could be helpful in traffic, heck you don't need mirrors!!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
exavid wrote:
Parrot sketch was and still is, one of the best ever! :goofygrin:One of the reasons the TV lays dormant in the corner so much these days, is because mostly the quality is C**P

Last decent comedy was " One foot in the grave", just about everything else leaves my chuckle muscles unimpressed.:whip::2finger:.

Pete

Yep agreed!

and now for something completely different......:toast:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Hey "Silverfox" no wonder you've survived so long riding Bikes that "Eye " trick could be helpful in traffic, heck you don't need mirrors!!:goofygrin:
If i started doing the eyes in traffic, I wouldn't know which way I was going, but I can remember a pal at school doing it and I used to spend days practicing it, just like most of us practiced whistling with fingers in mouth. Boy, did I know how to impress the ladies!!

Another great party trick is wiggling your ears, yes, I can do that too.!! I had a misspent youth, but you can start to get the picture why TV didn't figure high on my priority list.

Somehow, I suspect I might have been better off watching TV, flapping ears and squiffy eyes, are rarely useful in adult life, shame really, maybe if Bush and Blair could do stuff like that on TV I might take them more seriously.:madeyes:.

Wannabe, I am highly impressed that you can do the grass screaching, gosh, would we make a musical pair at BBQs in,the summer.

All these things should be passed from generation to generation, so I hope you are all teaching your kids how to disjoint their thumbs, cram as many biscuits as they can in their mouths, make discusting noises by putting their hand under armpit and flapping their arm and any other school day prank, that you can perform!!

If any of you are reading this and thinking "stupid Boy!!" just go and look at the pictures submitted from the Irish Birthday bash, and you think I'm mad!!?:band::tongue::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

I don't know what is crazier, the general silliness of this thread or the fact I actually sat and read all 5 pages of it. I do believe the inmates are now officially in charge of the asylum:jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Somehow, I suspect I might have been better off watching TV, flapping ears and squiffy eyes, are rarely useful in adult life,
Au contraire, I'm jealous!:crying:I tried hard to learn to do neat things like that and never succeeded. I'd give a month's pension to do the eyeball trick. Oh, if I could only raise one eyebrow like John Belushi. I bow to your dedication and arcane abilities!

:cooler:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Somehow, I suspect I might have been better off watching TV, flapping ears and squiffy eyes, are rarely useful in adult life,
Au contraire, I'm jealous!:crying:I tried hard to learn to do neat things like that and never succeeded. I'd give a month's pension to do the eyeball trick. Oh, if I could only raise one eyebrow like John Belushi. I bow to your dedication and arcane abilities!

:cooler:
Hey Exavid, keep the months pention safely in the bank, just invite little old me over, get the BBBQ flashed up, chill the beer and I will teach you all those useless things. I can't believe you mentioned the independant eyebrow raising, my mother taught me that one and I can do both eyebrows. I can still remember standing infront of the mirror for weeks, wondering how to shift the eyebrow, but when it finally went up, wow was that ever exquisite!! That one is actually useful, I have used it many a time to question my boys and give them that " are you sure you are telling the truth, the whole truth, so help me......". My mother still gives me the eyebrow, especially when I put my hand under the armpit and give her my farty impression!!

See now, you just spent too much time learning the important stuff like French, and now you can impress me with your Au contraire etc.

Maybe you weremore musical and learned to play the comb through a sheet of loo paper, sounding like a demented, Kazoo player? Or maybe you were one of the rich kids that could afford whoopy cusions and sneaked them under unsuspecting friends bums as they sat down! I saved my money once and bought some exploding pellets, that you pushed in the end of a cigarette. Boy you should have seen my mums eybrows twitch as the cigarette disintergrated with a loud bang, between her lips!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Come on Goldwinger, you can't tell me your chuckle muscles aren'texcercised!!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
I don't know what is crazier, the general silliness of this thread or the fact I actually sat and read all 5 pages of it. I do believe the inmates are now officially in charge of the asylum:jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper:

No goldwinger, why would we want to take charge of the asylum :stumped::stumped: when it's so nice and peaceful in here :gunner::toast::angel2::angel2:

We are quite happy re-living the dead parrot sketch,watching Silverfox doing his party tricks and the shrimps on the currants whilst the deer play with their alerts:clapper::clapper:

and tomorrow Silverfoxis going toteach us some of histricks too :action::action::madeyes:

Why on earth should we wish to take control ? that's responsibility - only grown-ups do that :tongue::byebye::tongue::byebye::cooler:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wannabe wrote:
goldwinger wrote:

No goldwinger, why would we want to take charge of the asylum :stumped::stumped: when it's so nice and peaceful in here :gunner::toast::angel2::angel2:

We are quite happy re-living the dead parrot sketch,watching Silverfox doing his party tricks and the shrimps on the currants whilst the deer play with their alerts:clapper::clapper:

and tomorrow Silverfoxis going toteach us some of histricks too :action::action::madeyes:

Why on earth should we wish to take control ? that's responsibility - only grown-ups do that :tongue::byebye::tongue::byebye::cooler:
Well said Wanabee, now get in the garden and get the blades of grass tuned up!:band:. I think Goldwinger is already part of the gang, just bothering to pass wind, sorry, comment, entitles one to free admition to the secure unit!!:banana:

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Silverfox, try this one...

Sit in a chair and rotate your right leg clockwise and while doing that take your right hand index fingure a draw the number 6 big in the air!!

Your foot should either "reverse" or go "spazo" on youy !:baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Well said Wanabee, now get in the garden and get the blades of grass tuned up!:band:. I think Goldwinger is already part of the gang, just bothering to pass wind, sorry, comment, entitles one to free admition to the secure unit!!:banana:

Pete

all tuned up and ready to go :goofygrin:also have a spare comb and tissue paper - looks like wingdawg 101 is about ready to join up!!!!:band:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Silverfox, try this one...

Sit in a chair and rotate your right leg clockwise and while doing that take your right hand index fingure a draw the number 6 big in the air!!

Your foot should either "reverse" or go "spazo" on youy !:baffled:
You are crazy man, you don't think I'd fall for that one do you?:stumped:

Yep I see what you mean, and so probably did 35 other guys/gals reading this!:banana:

I was sure I could do that one aswell!!!!:?

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Kind of funny how a thread about deer whistles ends up talking about a dead parrot. a parrot that is no more, a parrot that has passed on.....so you can bring out your dead

Yes I am a big Python fan:clapper:
I'm not dead yet... I'm getting better

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey wannabe, strikes me he was ready ages ago, just look at his Avatar.

I have a lovely pair of castanets if anyone would like to play with them!!:banana:

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey, some of you guys have forgotten, the parrot is not dead..... he's just resting, Norweigen Blues always sleep on their backs!!

:madeyes:pete

81 - 100 of 22779 Posts