Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

141 - 160 of 22779 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Oh , I thought 'Helen" was from "Troy" ?!:baffled:
We sometimes refer to her as "Helen of Croy" due to our location.

:madeyes:pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
I spam what I am, and that's all that I Spam.

I just couldn't take it anymore.:headbanger::bananas:

Ho bee
Welcome Hobie1 to the best Lunatic Asylum in the world!:baffled::jumper::thumpingmad::tongue::banana::band::bananas::3sum::fighting::blackstuff:

( I blame the addition of the new imoticons myself)

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
imported post

Minnesota's own.... Hormel Foods, proud maker of SPAM.

But then again,,, maybe Minnesota shouldn't be proud of Spam.

By cracky.. maybe it has some deer in it. Or even rabbit!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

puttitin wrote:
Minnesota's own.... Hormel Foods, proud maker of SPAM.

But then again,,, maybe Minnesota shouldn't be proud of Spam.

By cracky.. maybe it has some deer in it. Or even rabbit!!!!
Believe it or not, we are having spam tonight!! And yes, I have looked at the can and it is indead Hormel spam. Ours is produced in Denmark though, so I doubt any addition of deer or rabbit, as I have seen neither when we visit Helens home country. Mayybe I should email themand suggest this addition, but I'll not mention the shrimps or currants!!

What recipe should I follow, the good old, spam, spam spam egg and chips, or maybe the spam egg spam spam and chips?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I hope you have had the opportunity to visit the SPAM museum in southern minnesota...
no joke, there really is a museum in the home town of that wonderful treat!

and my prayer is: God let this thread finally die a merciful death

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Spam,, the other gelled meat, good in pasta sauce and with ice cream:toast:It is also good for getting bug splatter of the wind screen. I have no idea what you would use to get the spam off the windscreen once the bugs are gone but Don't want to have this thread stopped cuz it is not related to biking.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
What recipe should I follow, the good old, spam, spam spam egg and chips, or maybe the spam egg spam spam and chips?

come on Silverfox, it's Tuesday, therefore it has to be spam spam spam spam spam, beans, spam spam and spam - lobster thermidore and spam tomorrow :dude::toast::blackstuff:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

doesn't anyone remember this thread was about giving parrot enemas to arthritic deer who had copper braclets on their coffee mugs?

come on guys... stick to the subject matter

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Thank you Wannabe, I nearly made a terrible error there, didn't I?:doh:Now, will it be okay to substitute the lobster tomorrow with the pack of shrimps that is lurking at the rear of the freezer?

Thank you goldwinger, I will test the spam on the bugs tomorrow. Also keen to keep this bike related, I would like to point out that a tin of spam in each fairing pocket can be a life saver, when you turn up at the campsite and remember that you forgot to pack the cooker. Or if the Hotel has stopped serving food when you check in. It is nutritional, filling and keeps for years in the can. A tin of beans added and you can relive blazing saddles for entertainment. See the look on your partners face as they slip under the bed covers, just after the aforementioned has taken effect on you!!!:fighting:

Rcmatt, I will put the museum on my "places to visit" when I come over, I bet that is some museum:banana:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Yes the museum is quite interesting. It doesn't have a conventional door. you have to grab the key and roll it around the perimeter of the door to open it up.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Thank you Wannabe, I nearly made a terrible error there, didn't I?:doh:Now, will it be okay to substitute the lobster tomorrow with the pack of shrimps that is lurking at the rear of the freezer?

Thank you goldwinger, I will test the spam on the bugs tomorrow. Also keen to keep this bike related, I would like to point out that a tin of spam in each fairing pocket can be a life saver, when you turn up at the campsite and remember that you forgot to pack the cooker. Or if the Hotel has stopped serving food when you check in. It is nutritional, filling and keeps for years in the can. A tin of beans added and you can relive blazing saddles for entertainment. See the look on your partners face as they slip under the bed covers, just after the aforementioned has taken effect on you!!!:fighting:

Rcmatt, I will put the museum on my "places to visit" when I come over, I bet that is some museum:banana:

Silverfox, the shrimps should be OK, just as long as you keep the currants firmly in the cupboard :weightlifter:

Also, one very important use for the afore mentioned tins of spam which you forgot to mention - they are invaluable when the deer alerts fail, as they usually do - you simply hurl the tins at the deer :blowingup:- thatwill wake them enough to notice the:11yellow::11yellow::11yellow: bearing down on them, and even the arthritic deer who are unlucky enough not to have bracelets ought to be able to get out of the way

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey Wannabe, you are a minefield of information!!! No wonder you progressad so quickly from Midland bank Plc, Helston!!!:goofygrin:

I propose that you be promoted to senior Gnu!!:byebye:with immediate effect.

PS: The spam was wonderful, we have another can ready for tomorrow night and the shrimps don't look too green!!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
Yes the museum is quite interesting. It doesn't have a conventional door. you have to grab the key and roll it around the perimeter of the door to open it up.
If that is for real, I want to go there, that door would be wicked on the front of our Bungalow! So much easier than the convential tin opener we use at present!

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
goldwinger wrote:
If that is for real, I want to go there, that door would be wicked on the front of our Bungalow! So much easier than the convential tin opener we use at present!

Silverfox, ya might wanna try this site. Good luck my friend.

http://media.hormel.com/templates/knowledge/knowledge.asp?catitemid=16&id=9

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox, ya might wanna try this site. Good luck my friend.

http://media.hormel.com/templates/knowledge/knowledge.asp?catitemid=16&id=9

"Just as every Elvis fan longs to visit Graceland, SPAM fans worldwide now have their own pilgrimage to make. In Austin, Minnesota a 16,500 square-foot SPAM Museum opened in September 2001.

Museum visitors will be welcomed to the world of SPAM Family of Products with a variety of interactive and educational games, fun exhibits and remarkable video presentations. "

Oh wouldn't the Python team have had fun with this one:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey Puttitin, that is a mecca for Monty Python fans!!!:banana: We also use the Stagg chilli con carne, and Stagg brings us neatly back to the deer alerts.:cooler: Now come on, own up, who else just looked at the spam link?:blushing::goofygrin::baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Hey Wannabe, you are a minefield of information!!! No wonder you progressad so quickly from Midland bank Plc, Helston!!!:goofygrin:

I propose that you be promoted to senior Gnu!!:byebye:with immediate effect.

PS: The spam was wonderful, we have another can ready for tomorrow night and the shrimps don't look too green!!

Aw shucks Silverfox, it's nothing :blushing:

I'm sure you really experienced 'wingers have a whole list of uses for the humble tin of spam :nospam:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Just a little trivia.. Hawaii is by far the #1 consumer of Spam, they love it there, day & night!

And they're too Big to tease about it,lol !:baffled:

141 - 160 of 22779 Posts