Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The Main jet was loose in the bowl in the #3 carb. Now to rebuild or send the carbs out to Pistol Pete. I just gotta dig up a mayonnaise jar to afford either.:cheesygrin: At least now I know what the problem is. Jay

·
Administrator
26,155 Posts
imported post

Is there any reason why they need rebuilt? If they don't leak and function normally there is no reason to.

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Dave they are externally nasty, and one of the idle screw heads was snapped off, so they were out of sync and not getting any better. The insides show some traces of rust, but the filters and tank are pretty clean, so maybe it had a tank swap before I got it. I am probably going to move up to an 1800 by next fall, unless I fall into a deal before then, so rebuilding the carbs to sort out a few issues will hopefully be a smart investment when it comes time to sell the 1100. Jay

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I had that with my GL-1200. It had a max speed of 76 to 80mph until I figured that one out.

·
Administrator
26,155 Posts
imported post

Big Port Jimmy 6 wrote:
Dave they are externally nasty, and one of the idle screw heads was snapped off, so they were out of sync and not getting any better. The insides show some traces of rust, but the filters and tank are pretty clean, so maybe it had a tank swap before I got it. I am probably going to move up to an 1800 by next fall, unless I fall into a deal before then, so rebuilding the carbs to sort out a few issues will hopefully be a smart investment when it comes time to sell the 1100. Jay
I understand, maybe if you do it yourself you can recover the investment and at least have piece of mind you sold someone a good machine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.