Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in this morning for a new fitting...

about 3 years ago, all of my upper teeth were pulled so I could have an upper denture made....

But, it seems that the "recommended place" pulled a fast one on me, the denture was no good, and they did not do anything about it when I complained.

The Denture shop here in our local little town said they did not follow through on how it should be done.... so I just called the old shop "artists" in their trade.... the lady doctor just grinned at me...

Hoping for a good fit, would enjoy being able to eat solid food again.

Wondering amongst those who have dentures, was your experience a good one?

·
Administrator
25,773 Posts
That's something I will have to deal with eventually. I have recently lost a tooth and have 2 more that are in need of either crowns or partials. My Dad made it to 89 with all his natural teeth and my Mom still has hers and I have tried to take care of mine but they are failing me.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
repairing individual teeth gets expensive fast.

back when I had Dental Insurance and employed, it opted for crowns and root canals to save my teeth. had I not done that, I would have lost nearly all of my lower molars.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another visit today to get a fitting to make my gum line, and the teeth click together right.

The denture tech told me that I have a very hard mouth to fit, the upper gum is receded behind the lower teeth, which is going to give me a mismatch on the front chewing teeth :(

there will be two more visits at a minimum says he, as they adjust this, and move that thing or other.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
The amazing progress in "Dental Implants" in the past few years, along with the cost being reduced from what they were a few years ago lead me to give it a try. The results are nothing short of miraculous. Medicare will cover a decent portion of the procedure as long as you "qualify". I'd jump through hoops if it will save a few grand. Time will tell, , , ,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts