Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1994 GL1500 Aspencade. Recently had the carborator rebuilt and new fuel pump. Also a new fuel seperator installed. Honda repair shop went thru emissions and all vacuum lines. At 55-70 mph, bike acts like it is running out of gas for 3-4 seconds at a time. The bike hesitates or pulls back power for those 3-4 seconds. Honda repair shop cannot figure out the issue. Problem started after new alternator was installed. Please help!

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Gas cap not venting?

Try opening the cap and see if the problem disappears, if it does then that is the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

If you're taking a picture, I'm pleading ignorance.

When did the Goldwing come out with 02 sensors? This is pretty much the symptoms I'd expect from a very lazy sensor going lean/rich/lean.

Either that, or the torque convertor isn't locking up......:?

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

I would check the fuel petcock or the vacuum supply to the petcock. You can easliy bypass it to troubleshoot the problem. Search the forum for petcock bypass and I know there is a post with pictures showing you how to do it.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

glhonda wrote:
If you're taking a picture, I'm pleading ignorance....:?
No need to plea as there are only a half dozen people in Outer Mongolia with out Internet that are unaware.:(

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

Ken Bergen wrote:
glhonda wrote:
If you're taking a picture, I'm pleading ignorance....:?
No need to plea as there are only a half dozen people in Outer Mongolia with out Internet that are unaware.:(
Unaware of what?:shock:Wait a minute....I smell diesel.......

Ken and I apologize forhi-jacking this thread. Sorry....:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

Is the new alternator oe or aftermarket? I would hook up my volt meter during the ride, new alternator could be overcharging or spiking. Just guessing?? Thats a tough one.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Might try unplugging the Air Temperature Sensor... Did this on my friends bike and it got rid of a big flat spot during acceleration, although it was happening at a lower speed than yours.

Supposidly, the sensor affects ignition timing.

The Sensor is typically located either at the Airbox (upper right), or at the front of the bike beneath the headlight... Either way, test by merely pulling the plug to it. It is aprox 3/4" round and green.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

The fuel petcock would be a real possibility based on the symptoms you described.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

SJY207 wrote:
I would check the fuel petcock or the vacuum supply to the petcock. ...
englishted wrote:
The fuel petcock would be a real possibility based on the symptoms you described.
That is the first place I'd go, too.. a vacuum leak can cause this

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I am not familiar with the 1500, but was this an actual dealer, of an independent shop? I would find it interesting that an actual dealer would not be able to find and fix the problem. Not surprising, just interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Ditto JerryH ... school dosent start for another week and the $ 8.00/hr kids the dealers hire for the summer are now considered as techs. when the big boys are to busy.
Its called " cost effectivness ".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.