Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was going to a benefitfor a friend I know, a Texas musician, I pulled upat the ATM and followed by a soccerMom wagon, completed my transaction and couldn't pull away, the back brake appeared to be on so hard even the motor couldn't overcome it, all I did was just mash down on the lever a few times and it came off, I thought. Phew I got lucky there, what's up with that?

I drove it to the benefit and every bump in the road seemed to be exagerated greatly, on the way home it was the same but I knew I was putting it up for it's rebuild the next morning, turns out I'd lost the torque stay bar bolt on the back brake caliper and the bar hadjammed it's way between the lower end of the left suspension unit and the brake caliper had forced it's way as far forward as it could go.

Look I guess this bike really lovesme and will get me homewhatever, but I'm just putting this out there!

Good thing is, no damage to anything at all, put all those components back to theiroriginal position and all I had to buy was a new nut and bolt. :waving:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

yeah you got lucky. but rember the old addage--- you take care of it and it`ll take care of you.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

New bolt and a Nylok nutfixed the whole thing up, I ain't putting my a$$ down that road again :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.