Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm going to try putting up the picture, but I'm terrible at knowing how to put pictures up if its not as simple as uploading it. Since they have to be such a small size to upload on here then I'm again stuck without a picture until someone can help me load one.

I was taking the engine out of the frame yesterday, 3-4 hours later I was more annoyed than anything, because it was not coming out. Eventually it came out but it landed on the floor on the left top corner. I had the heads, timing belt covers and plate that goes behind the belt tensioner removed. So what was left was that corner that the crank case has. Well it fell on that corner and the corner cracked off.

Like I said I have pictures but don't know how to get them so small. I want to know if the engine is done. I know that it will create a problem with sealing with the tensioner back plate and I believe the belt covers as well. As soon as someone can help me with the pictures again ill post them, and then ill be open to anything you all might have to say about it. But I'm afraid the engine has run its last mile.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

P.M. sent!

Send me a full size image to the e mail address I pm,ed you!

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Hey xuon_gil

Find your self one of the picture hosting sites. PHOTOBUCKET for instance. You sign up as a member and down load your full size higher def pictures and you can give us a link to the website which will allow all to view your pic larger. Or full size

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

muaymendez, thanks I'm going to try to set them up on a site like that and then post the kind
I found the piece that chipped off so I'm starting to feel optimistic about it.
Hatchetman, has recieved pictures via email so he is also thinking it might be fixable.
we will see, put ill try to get the pictures up better and let you all know

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

I enlarged the picture as much as I can and still see it, looks to me as it's not an issue, maybe you can have it welded back on if you want.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

My opinion, not an issue. I would have it welded back by a good welder. Not too expensive. It looks like it is the skirt around the cam belt and is just there to keep dirt off the gears and belts. Check closely for any cracks radiating from the broken area.

John

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
imported post

I had a set of Kz 1000 cases that were broken welded up. I used them on a dragbike engine with no issues. If you can email me a full sized picture I'll take a look at it.

Paul

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

Like everyone else says it looks fixable,but wanted to add that this is such a great forum that everyone rallies when one of us has a problem and offers to help

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks everyone, and I second what hondabago had to say. I think its fixable to and thanks to Hatchetman. I will be trying a product called JB Weld. I Will let you all know how it works. another great thing that came out of this is that I know have 3 GL1000s in my garage, none of them run yet but maybe I can get two out of them. I just picked up two of them for just 200 bucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.