Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
imported post

I think the main point here is to be careful when you ride, I don't care if it is a Goldwing, Sport Bike, or a Moped. Please be careful out there riding on any road..........I learn from mistakes from all riders and try not to get into their same situations.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
imported post

Flyone wrote:
I think the main point here is to be careful when you ride, I don't care if it is a Goldwing, Sport Bike, or a Moped. Please be careful out there riding on any road..........I learn from mistakes from all riders and try not to get into their same situations.
:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

I love sport bikes. Everything I ever owned was pretty much modded for cafe riding or sport. Its just most of these bikes now, and I think are beautiful just isn't built for speed,and handling with a passenger. Maybe as a "get lucky" ride from the bar, but I wouldnt be out playing Kenny Roberts with a passenger on the back.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
imported post

i think what every body is saying is the sports bike are the 1's going by us on the eway on 1 wheel at 80 mph , there is bad 1's in all type of bike riders , but the sportsbike shines the most

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

In my unofficial opinion it has nothing to do with what type bike. The two accidents shown here were from target fixation. They went exactly where they were looking.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
imported post

LUV2WING wrote:
In my unofficial opinion it has nothing to do with what type bike. The two accidents shown here were from target fixation. They went exactly where they were looking.
u are right on target with your opinion , i was replying to another poster that felt it was unfair to just pick on zoomsplats , he was right , but the zoomsplats are the 1's flying by me on the eways on there rear wheels only

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

OK I got off on the wrong foot by pointing a finger at Zoom Splats...Yes I have seen many different types, name brands and all different age riders doing stupid things on two wheels.....But it's the Zoom Splats that I see more often doing crazy things on the streets and freeways here.....Not too many weeks ago we had a "Sport Bike" aka Zoom Splat in one of our parking lots practicing his "tricks", you know the one where they run up and stop on the front wheel and then ride off of it......Plus riding it on the back wheel.....I had to ask him to leave our property.....So if I gave any one the wrong idea, I know that like I said there are those who no matter what they ride do stupid things.....I appreciate all the riding tips I can get, like this guy I might have done the same thing until you the members pointed out what most likely caused it....Thank You for the tips, it will make me a better rider...

Claude....

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
Oh and let me tell you about the Ducati group and the the Triumph group... ones full of Romeos and the other well they all have bad teeth
So does that mean that Austin Powers has both a Ducati and a Triumph?:D

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:
+100

I definitely did not mean to infer that all sport bike riders are bad riders. If anybody got this impression, I’m sorry. I have friends with sport bikes and I consider them to be great riders.

I was merely pointing out that kids are buying these bikes and some of these kids are reckless. They are young and they are reckless behind the wheel of their daddy’s SUV as well as their bullet bikes. Most of these kids are not buying big touring bikes. Unfortunately they give sport bikes a bad rap.

Hey, I got a friend with a Ducati and his teeth are fine.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

G

·
imported post

I for one love the look of those sport bikes.
Just cant get comfy riding them.
I tend to want to go to sleep when i lay down. LOL
But we all know you go where you look so it dont matter what you ride it can happen to all of us no matter how careful we all are.I know it and you do too. In my opinion anyway.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,916 Posts
imported post

BustedKnuckle wrote:
Can't comment on the dude's intelligence level - I've done enough bone-headed stunts to know better. I'm just glad I lived long enough to learn from my mistakes.:doh:
Amen brother!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
This kinda stuff is NOT limited to sportbikes.

Before some of you get a little "self righteous" about the zoomsplat folks, please understand that this CAN and DOES happen on Goldwings, Harleys and even scooters.

Sorry to preach but I see this "I'm not on a Sportbike, so it won't happen to me" mentality. Not just with this thread but with others.

I agree 100.00% that his excessive speed was a key component in the problem, and that it was self-made. But it's not the sole, nor the major factor in my opinion.

Now I'll step off the soapbox and return to my normal cherub-like demeanor. Oh, and if someone wants to flame me, go ahead. I could use a good flaming!! ;)
Well said, rgbeard. Just as I was beginning to feel a little selfrighteous, I remembered that I've been a little careless at times with my wife onboard. A while back I came out of an "S" turn, and she said I'd scared the pee out of her. :blushing:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
well then since I ride with a few different groups I guess I'm the only goldwing rider that doesn't wear an adult diaper, smoke like a stack, is fat as a cow and needs a seat that's twice as wide as his bike (or two back wheels in extreme cases) .... bla bla bla
:D:D I got two back wheels,that's funny:Dfits me to a T:cheeky1::cheeky1::action:

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

ah she still will sleep with him its a speed rush

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

"Target fixation" can hit any rider, or driver, at any time if something gives them a startle. Coming into a corner too hot is very easy to do. Me, I still drive the wing like my little 550 and am still grinding the center stand down. I still get "Target fixation", if something unexpected happens, but know the signs and can make myself look where I want to go.
The vintage guys I ride with think I'm nuts because I ride the wing like they do there old iron, hard and hot.
James

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.