Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

Andrewl & cbhon ........So, they were "fightin' words"!!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey Allen,

Is that a picture of you on your bike riding through the centre of town!!

And Brojees,

I still can't believe you didn't know of the twins, prefering to chase around after a couple of prospective nuns. What did you do to them to drive them off to the nunnery? We do notice that you still keep a photo to hand of the drop dead gorgeous 2!! You should have seen the young ladies over here when I was at school, most had achne, wooden legs and a face like the back end of a bus. Funny, they probably went on to be very attractive, whereas I am now the one resembling the bus!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Andrew,

no need to appologise that the All Blacks are going to thrash the Lions, we are resigned to the fact that it will probably happen. If however, by some miracle it goes the other way, I shall have to down a couple of bottles of Old Peculiar, Speckled Hen, or even a Spitfire or three. I suspect you will be more likely to be downing more laxative though.

Pete

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

Hi Andrew,

Glad to hear you got your new hat. I have lost your address and phone number,give me a call. We go out riding every weekend (weather permitting). Be good to have a bit of company.

John S.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

Pete, no, not the center of town, but passing by the place I went to school. This is where I live now. Not as big as Aukland, but way bigger than Dargaville. I have to use reference from NZ as I haven't been to your side of the pond yet. Andrew and John S will know what I mean. Not sure but I think we are running a pop. of 250,000. Just a nice size.

Allen

Attachments

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Andrew,

no need to appologise that the All Blacks are going to thrash the Lions, we are resigned to the fact that it will probably happen. If however, by some miracle it goes the other way, I shall have to down a couple of bottles of Old Peculiar, Speckled Hen, or even a Spitfire or three. I suspect you will be more likely to be downing more laxative though.

Pete

If by some miricle it does go the other way i suspect you won't be the only one downing a few bottles. It's cbhon that downs the laxative however, I drink pure Necter.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Ah yes, my mistake Andrew. Well my necter/ laxative will be or the Spanish kind, as of Saturday, we are off for a well earned rest for a week. Sadly not with th bike this time, maybe later in the year.

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well Allen, it's high time you got yourself over then. It's no good just living in and visiting those exotic countries, you have to experience the dull wet ones too!!

Make sure you pack your Wellingtons for the rain

Lovely pic of the home town, doesn't it feel a bit busy compared to all those small villages?

Pete

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

Hi Silvefox,

I am from Darlington inCoDurhambut have lived down here in New Zealand for the last 15 years. One of the deciding factors about moving here was the weather. So much snow and rain in the UK we were developing web feet. You should have takenthe bike to Spain,, would have been a good run.

Regards,

John S

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Yep cbhon, I don't blame you for bailing out, my webbed feet play havoc with my riding boots. The Spanish trip is 'cause I got free flights with Ryan Air, due to spending so much on the credit card at Christmas!! The money saved on flights is going towards the "proper holiday" later in the year. That is going on the Wing, complete with trailer, to get all " She who should be obeyed's" stuff in. It may well be heading towards Spain again, but we will see where the wind takes us. ( oh and the maps and GPS!). I can't wait to go touring again, life hasn't given me time since about 81. Sure would like to see places like the guys are talking about here. When are Honda going to bring out a model with outboard and flotation device, so we can cruise to far flung places.:baffled::goofygrin:

Pete.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

By the way John, how is the laxative going, is it working well? :goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Pete,

Well you may choke, but I would call Diedre and her sister culls based on others such as Dawn and Dina. The novelty of twins though does not escape me and the associated fantasies to be sure. Of course I am not sure I could have financially handled two at once!! I had a Moped purse at the time!!

Often wondered if my untimely death had any factor in the nun's decision?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi Brojees, now I am not familiar with the "culls" reference, but I get the jist I think. Wow, you sure were lucky at your school. I recon your untimely death could well have had something to do with the nun thing. You could have had a lot of fun, what with being dead and all. Should have taken one huge insurance policy before the event, you could have upgraded to a bit more than a moped more quickly. I could see a Teen movie based on your experiences, they are all the rage over here, our kids watch them all the time. Have a word with MGM or whoever, another money spinner, I'm sure. Then you can get a Wing of every model ever made, and ignore these debates about which is the best!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
imported post

Does anyone know where if at all a man could get some Old Peculiar, Speckled Hen, or even a Spitfire in the Texas area? I wonder if that could be shipped?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Avnsteve,

does this mean you are a well travelled man and know about these things, of are you just keen on different tipples?

Pete

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
imported post

I am keen on experiencing all that I can "safely" get my hands on. I am a homebrewer and have become somewhat familiar with the means to devleop recipes based on what I taste. So, I want to "taste" some more to maybe develop that PERFECT brew. I'll be starting abatch this summer and thus far, I suspect I'll make some stout. Here in the states, Guiness is about the only stout you can find. Marketing. But, with the help of some meister's at the local homebrew supply, I can develop a fine stout. I made one a few years that I gave as gifts to my closest friends. It got rave reviews, I wish I had kept more than I gave away. Any, still trying to find a way to get some imports the likes of which I hear others on this forum mention. I'd love to tast them and gain the experience!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

There is a Turbo Dog stout that is so so. I prefer Guinness, but truly prefer it on the spigot. Hmmm Now I wonder?? Do I need to go to technical to explore how to install a Guinness spigot on my Aspy or can someone help me here?

·
Registered
177 Posts
imported post

Just a small town boy population 2,000, 250 miles from the nearest city of 100,000. Growing up we had the whole town and then some to play in. At 9 pm the local siren would wail to let all the kids know it was time to head back home. The local police would go off-duty at 2:eek:o am. The storiesthis small town boy could share would make a good read. MMMMMMM, It was all innocent fun.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I grew up in Bud, West Virginia, pop 238. no red lights, 3 stop signs, 1 gas station, 1 general store, and I was lucky, I bought a 1950 Chevy from the oringinal owner for $100 when I turned 16, it only had 29,000 miles, original spare, (everything was on it) sales decal with owner's manual. Me and my friends would drive 12 miles to Mullens (pop 2000) to check out the rich (to us) kids, and watch movies, etc.:)

Gene:dude:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

On the subject of NZ beer,there isa pub on the Strand in Tauranga that sells Old Speckled Hen on draught! And for the Scots, several pubs in Canterbury, S Island (and probably others) that sell Tennents Lager. I'll stick to the Speckled Hen, or the Steinlager for the carry-out.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.