Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking for a used factory seat for my 83 GL1100A Aspy. Is there any difference in the seats between 80 and 83?

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Not really..mounting all the same..maybe slight differences in the padding or cover patterns..but mounting will work.

I have a spare if you are interested..has big split on one side needs to be repaired or recovered..$30 plus shipping

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The 80-82 seats are 2 inches shorter than the 83 seat. That's why folks try to find the 83 trunk rack and seat to put on the earlier models to get 2 more inches of room.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't mind finding an 83 seat myself. I put the 83 rack on and it made a noticeable change to the amount of room available for the passenger.I just don't like the gap at the front of the seat if I mount it in the rearmost position. Does the later seat decrease the gap at the front?

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

k1w1t1m wrote:
I wouldn't mind finding an 83 seat myself. I put the 83 rack on and it made a noticeable change to the amount of room available for the passenger.I just don't like the gap at the front of the seat if I mount it in the rearmost position. Does the later seat decrease the gap at the front?
:waving:I ride my '83 Interstate with the seat in rearmost position and I have a gap at the front which doesn't bother me. So the answer to your question is "NO" it will not decrease the gap.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

I have an original 83 Aspy seat that was redone last year. I need one extra firm so I got an "older" seat and had it redone with a gel pad in it. I noticed the gap in front is something I don't like but I can live with it. Now I just need the weather to get warm enough to try out the gel seat. I'm not sure which one I'll keep. Either way I'll have a redone gray seat to sell in a few months.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

Wing Ding, Did you find a professional guy to redo the seat. If the picture suggests correctly, the seat looks great.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
Wing Ding, Did you find a professional guy to redo the seat. If the picture suggests correctly, the seat looks great.
Yes I did. Both seats look great. My problem is the butt burn on long rides. I got a gel pad/sheepskin combo that takes car of that but the increase in the seating height was causing some problems. So I got a seat off of E-bay and a another gel pad and had it put into it. I won't know for a while if it's going to work for me or not. 0 deg. windchill.
:shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.