Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a 05 1800 and have considering putting on a different windshield but I noticed that there seems to be different ones for 05 and older and 06 and newer. What is the difference. I found one on ebay I want but it states it's for 06 and up. I knew there were some minor differences between the two but did not know that had different windshields.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Administrator
27,889 Posts
imported post

The only difference is the 06> have a vent in them and the <05 don't.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Dave is partly right, from 04 the vent is standard. Also 01-02 shields have one more mounting slot than the later ones, which means an 03 and later shield will fit your 05.

·
Honda Guru
2,075 Posts
imported post

The vent was standard in the 04's and newer GL1800's. A lot of 01-03 owners swapped out their windscreens with Tulsas just to get the new vent model. Honestly, Honda should have had it in the earlier models. Stupid of them to not include it. 1500SE's had a vent… why not the 1800's. Oh well…. water under the bridge now??

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Ray is correct. Vent is standard from 04. Steve is also correct, from 2003 the shield will fit later models.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks guys, I really appreciate you all taking the time to answer my question. I just did not want to buy a shield and not be able to use it.

This place is the best!!:thumbsup:

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.