Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished synching the carbs on my '82. To me it is more difficult than it needs to be because of those adjuster screws and lock-nuts. You have to push on the screws to turn them because they are slotted screws and it is awkward tightening down the lock-nuts without changing the adjustment.

It would be a lot easier if you had allen, or hex head screws, so you could turn them without pushing on them and with a friction fit so there is some resistance to turning. Maybe a spring under the screw like on carb mixture screws. Then you wouldn't need the lock-nuts.

Has anyone done anything like this? Comments/thoughts?

Brian

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
GOOD IDEA:
Always tried to find easier ways to do maintenance jobs on my Wing......papasmurf

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Just finished synching the carbs on my '82. To me it is more difficult than it needs to be because of those adjuster screws and lock-nuts. You have to push on the screws to turn them because they are slotted screws and it is awkward tightening down the lock-nuts without changing the adjustment.

It would be a lot easier if you had allen, or hex head screws, so you could turn them without pushing on them and with a friction fit so there is some resistance to turning. Maybe a spring under the screw like on carb mixture screws. Then you wouldn't need the lock-nuts.

Has anyone done anything like this? Comments/thoughts?

Brian
I have never done synk on 1500 is it possible to remove the screw easily and replace it by allen on my next synk with easy access. ???

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same problem with my '82. Make an adjustment, lock it down, then realize it moved.... Your idea sounds like a good fix. I think I'll see if I can find long allen head set screws on my next trip to the hardware store!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.