Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I don't know if this is the proper place for this but HERE is a pic of my goldie..

I know it isn't much compared to some of yalls ride but I am proud of my first goldie:clapper:

<<EDIT>> HERE is a pic of my wifes fazer and my Wing together

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
imported post

Nice wing:clapper:I like the color. I also like the SHO.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Don't be denigrating (REDWING it means talking down) your fine ride! It's a great looking bike.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Today I took my 1987 1200 for a ride with CBHon and his beutiful red 1500. I really love my 1200 but next to his it looks decidedly shabby.

Point 1. If my bike was as tidy as his I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Point 2. I would rather own a shabby 1200 than no wing at all.

Point 3. It may be scruffy but is still my pride and joy.

Point 4. I would rather ride an 1100 than no wing at all.

Point 5. I don't understand this either but there are plenty of people that prefer earlier wings to later ones. I keep offering to swap with these people but so far no-one has actually done the deal.

I suspect that you and I may be in a similar situation. don't rubbish your bike. It still gives you hours of enjoyment.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I completely agree with every point you made Andrewl :waving:

This is the first gold wing, or any bike other than a crotch rocket I have owned... I know one thing for sure... I will never ever buy anything other than a bigger and better GW when money permits....

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Sweet ride!:clapper:

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Definitely a nice ride.

Andrew I sincerely prefer the 1200 series overall.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

Hey, my 1200 PO let it set under a carport from 1987 till I bought it in 2005 and I put it in a shed, got some rust and the Grey paint looks like it's got streaks in it. Plus the right fairing pocket is stained with brake fluid. But I polished it up the best I could and still get compliments on it. It's not the pretiests wing on the road, but it's got two wheels and a big engine. It's at work everyday it's not pouring down rain with a 70 mile round trip and comes and goes on a 3 shifts I rotate. NICE WING! :15red:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Come on Tim

Show us a Pic

Andrew

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

OK But I'm at work right now and I have to bring a CD in from home and load it up tomorrow night. I just have cheap 9.95 modem service at home. Got T1 line here, loads up alot faster needless to say! Working grave yard shift for another 3 days then back to day shift! Will try to load pictures up tomorrow morning!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.