Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can anyone tell me how to remove the digital clock on an 84 Aspencade. Reason I need to remove it is my lovely wife wants me to fix my excuse for being late. Clock won't keep correct time, as a matter of fact tonight I set it correctly and 15 minutes later it was 30 minutes earlier on the clock (was 8:08 set it for 8:32 and when I got home it read 8:00) I go back in time I ride so fast. I love it because I can ride longer but it gets me in trouble. Don't wear watch so Ineed torely on the clock on the bike. Thanks Randy

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

hockeydad33 wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to remove the digital clock on an 84 Aspencade. Reason I need to remove it is my lovely wife wants me to fix my excuse for being late. Clock won't keep correct time, as a matter of fact tonight I set it correctly and 15 minutes later it was 30 minutes earlier on the clock (was 8:08 set it for 8:32 and when I got home it read 8:00) I go back in time I ride so fast. I love it because I can ride longer but it gets me in trouble. Don't wear watch so Ineed torely on the clock on the bike. Thanks Randy
The clock is held by one nut (or bolt, can't remember which) in the rear. I took voltmeter out once (same setup as your clock but on an 86 SEI). Pull the radio out and see if you can feel the nut behind the clock. I took out my instrument panel and the radio on my 1986, it wasn't very difficult, you have to take the radio covers, speakers and speaker shims out and you can lift the instrument group out, I know you can getto the clock fastener that way.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks exavid, would like to tell the wife I can't fix it and I will be home at whatever time the clock says I should be home but that might not be the best idea. I will try what you suggested and see how it goes. I will also try and track down the wiring and see if the ground is clean and tight. Randy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.