Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

You all helped on my decision to do the alternator conversion which I am in the middle off I was offering copys of all the manuals I could find on my 86 Aspencade including SEI butI've been informed I should not do this so offer is withdrawn

Neil

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

I'd say copyright would certainly be an issue, specially as you are trying to make some money from it. Most of the guys here just send this stuff to one another for free, it's called helping one another out just the way you were helped out here on this very forum for free! :?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
lets see I have a couple of hundred dollars invested in these manuals plus my time to copy and mail out not to mention the hrs I spent gathering this info

So I am definitely NOT looking to make any money just trying to save some guys a lot of time effortand money.On ebay right now the clarion alone is about $35

Neil
That's fair enough Neil, but there's two sides to the coin and many guys here also bought manuals andgo tothe trouble ofscanning pages for other forum members for free (I've done this myself, copied stuff from my GL1500 Honda CD and sent it free to fellow Goldwing owners here). Why not post them on ebay? You will probably sell them easily enough.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There's no doubt copying and even giving away CDs such as those described is a violation of copyright laws. I don't know about Canada though I'm sure since most copyright laws are international, but it sure is against the law in the US. I'd be doubly careful especially if you copy material and send it to another country, potentially there would be violations of copyright law in both countries and problems with customs. Not worth it. Best bet would be to keep your stuff and use the references to post answers to questions on the forum which would help out fellow Goldwingers and make you look good.

:clapper::15red::clapper:

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
There's no doubt copying and even giving away CDs such as those described is a violation of copyright laws. I don't know about Canada though I'm sure since most copyright laws are international, but it sure is against the law in the US. I'd be doubly careful especially if you copy material and send it to another country, potentially there would be violations of copyright law in both countries and problems with customs. Not worth it. Best bet would be to keep your stuff and use the references to post answers to questions on the forum which would help out fellow Goldwingers and make you look good.

:clapper::15red::clapper:
Paul is right ccsailor. Your reward will be getting remembered and appreciated here, much better than a few $$ that you will only waste on bits of chrome. :waving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.