Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is there anything other than replacement that can be done when segments of a digital speedometer begin to fail? This is a recent happening on my 1984 GL1200 with 31,500 miles. Thank You, and MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

Blessings

Steve-O

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

Most LCD panels (every one I've ever had apart, anyway) has a small rubber piece that conducts the power from a circuit board to the conductive traces on the glass panel. It is usually grey with black stripes, and is sandwiched between the LCD glass and the circuit board:

If this piece gets dirty, loose or otherwise not in a perfectly conductive state, you can lose LCD segments. Pull it out, spray it and the circuit board with contact cleaner, then replace it. Can't guarantee it will fix the problem, but it's definitely where I would start - it's worked several times for me on various LCD-equipped devices.

More information on this thing on this manufacturer web site.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank You, GSMacLean, I had no idea even how they worked. I will put that on my winter to do list, along with timing belts, and hopefully a poorboy Alternator conversion, Then next season I can put me a dual band ham radio onboard.

I really appreciate the info., and the website,

GOD Bless, and MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

Steve-O

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.