Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Down
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1985 goldwing 1200 aspencade over the last year or so I go to start the bike up and everything works on the cluster get her up to running temp and sometimes the temp bars will register sometimes not, when it doesn't sometimes i just restart the bike and it works sometimes not and today i could not get it to work at all could this be the temp sensor in the motor or a bad connection Also when you first turn the key all the bars show for everything then it sets:? thanks in advance.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

You can test the sender by disconnecting the wire and grounding it. If the gauge shoots up, the sender is bad.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

showing all the bars when you turn the key, is normal, the ecu does a check of brake lights, etc before the start. waiting a couple seconds and let the bars settle, means the ecu has completed its check.

yep check the sending unit could be just a bad connection.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

mine has done the same thing since i bought it but considering where the sensor is located,behind the intake tubes,i've elected to live with it,mine seems to be a loose connection,because it comes and goes,until it goes out completely if elected to leave well enough alone

·
Down
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

mine started working again the day after im just gonna leave it alone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.