Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just got a flyer in the mail today from Harbor Freight. They have a digital Volt Ohm Milliamp meter on salefor $2.99. It looks like the expensive one I paid $6.00 for a couple years ago there. Mine has bounced along for a lot of miles in my saddle bag and still works fine. It's a good deal if anyone doesn't have one, not lab quality but certainly just fine for bike work. I can't see how the Chinese can make these thing, and have them shipped across the world for these prices.

http://www.harborfreight.com/

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
exavid wrote:
It looks like the expensive one I paid $6.00 for a couple years ago there.

http://www.harborfreight.com/
If you look at the add, the original price was $9.99. This one must be way better than your $6.00 one and is now cheaper.:p
I got mine on a previous sale where they were $5.99 and thought I got a steal. I'm going over tomorrow to get three or four, I know a couple of folks who could use one even if they .don't know it yet! I'll keep a spare in the shop in case I drop or fry mine. I like using it, I've got an analog Triplett I've had for around 40 years and don't like to use it out of the shop, it's deserved a rest. So any chance of damage can go to the cheapo.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

I got mine from them when they were giving them away if you bought something else. I needed some jewelers tools for Rodent so I made the purchase for her and got me a toy too. It works great!

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

Bought one of these from Harbor Freight a few months ago (I think it was May) which was the last time they were on sale for $2.99. Works like a charm.

TDS

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I can't see how the Chinese can make these thing, and have them shipped across the world for these prices.
They can do it because labor is a tiny fraction of what labor costs here, and shipping via container is extremely cheap... The truck shipping from port to your local Harbor Freight store is many timesmore expensive as the trip across the Pacific. Lack of trade tariffs for Chinese goods also keeps the price down.

This is why American companies moveproduction to China.Not many American production jobs anymore, but I guess it's good forHarbor Freight and places like Wal-Mart. Only wayfor Americans to make money here is stocks in those companies. Not good news for the average working stiff.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Ruaidh wrote:
I got mine from them when they were giving them away if you bought something else. I needed some jewelers tools for Rodent so I made the purchase for her and got me a toy too. It works great!

Ruaidh
What the heck do you do to poor Rodent with the jewelers tools:stumped:!!!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Ruaidh wrote:

Ruaidh

Pete
Keep her well-adjusted! She's such a gem; she's the silver lining of my clouds...

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Ruaidh wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Ruaidh wrote:

Ruaidh

Pete
Keep her well-adjusted! She's such a gem; she's the silver lining of my clouds...
Oh, that is smooth, real smooth!!:clapper:

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Yeah that silver tongued devil sounds almost Irish! Certainly not Scottish!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.