Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a vague memory of reading about bells for bikes. While going over my Gold Wing with it up on the lift table I found a little mud covered bell tied to the frame. What is the lore about these bells?

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

susuposed to bring the rider good luck and keep gremlins away depends on the religeon i think some people think they ward off evil spirts others use it as good luck ive seen everything from a horse shoe to a set of plastic bull balls attached to the rear of a semi or bike, car

but if you want a story i worked on a guys semi all the time i mean at least once a week its not that it was a pos it was nice and the work i did was just stupid stuff going wrong, he hung a horseshoe and yes the direction matters for good luck i dont remember the proper driection anyway he did that and i never saw him come back to the shop other than for oil changes he never had a issue with that truck from that day on except a headlight or something simple that he could do

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

My son rides an HD Fatboy and never heard of a gremlin bell:shock:

No wonder they break down so much:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Horse shoes should be mounted like a smile, to hold the good luck. If you mount them like a frown the good luck all pours out if it!

·
Premium Member
59,024 Posts
imported post

See it was trying to save you from the mud.........

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hasn't wexy got some cheap Gremlin Alerts for sale :cheesygrin: :leprechaun:

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Foodman wrote:
See it was trying to save you from the mud.........
Well I failed on keeping me out of the mud but who knows how much mud I might have gotten into. The bell is going to get cleaned up and hung somewhere cleaner. I want it to ring loudly to keep the Grimlins away. Now if it just had keep the clutch line from developing a leak in the lower hose section.... :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
59,024 Posts
imported post

Probable would have saved the line, if it wasn't working on the mud.................:?

·
Village Whack Job...
7,902 Posts
imported post

I had issue after issue with my Wing. Minor stuff, but enough to keep me from riding. Finally someone from the forum sent me a gremlin bell. And I swear all those little annoying issues...well they just stopped happening after that.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Try to keep it at the lowest point of your bike, as tradition goes. I have always had one as long as I can remember.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.