Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all you budding problem solvers ,,my dipped beams went out the other night and have not worked since ,,bulbs are fine ,headlight beam is working fine ,but no dips ,,is there a seperate fuse or relay for these ? any ideas ? I have a 99 1500 se Ciaran

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

There is a seperate fuse Ciaran but I can't remember which one until I get to my own bike or workshop manual which are both at home. I'm currently up near the border sorting telephone exchnge problems and will be here until tomorrow I think. The upside is that I'm gettin to use some really fast web connections for free for the few days!!!
If you have'nt sorted it by the time I get back let me know and I will phone you and talk you through it if possible.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Cheers Jason

,you are a gem ,I will check all the fuses again ,,we were up in the north yesterday at the giants causeway on a fact finding run :),for the run on sun 15th aug ,,hope you can come ,get as much free net time as you can ,,,talk to you when you get back ,if I solve the problem I will let you know ..enjoy yourself .:D:D:D.Ciaran

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Ciaran, Fuses nos. 12 & 5 need to be checked. If these check out okay then you need to check the relay for the dipped lights (number 8). With the ignition on give the relay (it's marked so you can't hit the wrong one) a few taps and wiggle it around to see if the dips come on. If they do the relay is faulty. The low beam relay on the 1500 sometimes gets a bit burnt on the contact pins so check them out and clean/tighten the connections if needed as it may save the cost of a new relay.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Jason

I owe you a coffee :)and a burger when you make it to one of the runs ,,thanks again ..Ciaran

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hi Jason ,,it was the lo beam relay,,changed it and I can see again ,,thanks once again for the help,,Ciaran

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.