Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

This question makes me feel like a dipstick! Why doesn't my bike have a dipstick?

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

cuz it has a sight glass. anyway there is a dipstick accessory that bolts on the drain hole. works rly well.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

In case you don't already know, the Sight Glass is on lower right side of the engine. Little scredriver slot in the center is a wiper. Place on centerstand to check.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

GSMacLean,

Excellent picture! Great labeling too. Yours actually shows your level of oil in there. I never could get a comfortable reading on mine.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

Damn GS, that is one of the few 1100's that I have seen that the window is not only clear enough to read, but that isnt caked in enough grime to make it hard to find. nice pic!!

(my buddy wasnt nearly as fastidious as most with cleaning, and it showed with the grunge on the bike)

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Jimbo, now that you feel like an even bigger dipstick . . .welcome to the club. I was going crazy at first with mine when I pulled the filler plug expecting to see a dipstick and there was nothing there, I was afraid to start the bike for fear it had broken off and might wreck the engine. I've also seen others with the same question.

So laugh, slap yourself in the head, check the oil and hit the road.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

NOW THATS THINKIN WITH YOUR DIPSTICK------------------ JIMMY.,,

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

This isnt working

·
Premium Member