Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 2010 Goldwing Navi-Comfortwith 250 miles on the clock. This past weekend I took her for my first long ride, I had the route programmed into the GPS and everything went perfectly. We made a couple stops and headed for home.About 5 miles down the road I decided I was tired of the old gal telling me to turn around and recalcilating because I hadn't changed the route.

I pressed the voice guide/zoom in out switch thinking that would silence her, a few minutes later I looked at the display and it was black. I pressed the DISP button a couple times thinking it might bring up the radio station/odometer screen but it stayed black.

I pulled off on the next road and shut off the ignition and immediately turned it back to acc and everything came back and worked fine the rest of the way home.

Is this some kind of fluke or is my display or GPS getting ready to shoot craps.

Thank You for any input.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Don't have navi on my 2005, but I think reading the manual or returning to the dealership might help.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Guess she just didn't like you shutting her up! You wouldn't get away with it with your wife, would you now. Goldwings have a brain chip built in to them. They don't like it if you take other bikes out for rides and leave them home either. They can get down right cranky!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

when you push in the Zoom button it changes the GPS screen to the Navi weather screen if you have the XM model. I find the easiest way to go back to the map is to switch the volume button one time. the only way to shut her up is to mute the GPS or stop and then cancel the route

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

That makes sense jnel57. What I should have done was press and hold the navi button, that switches it from headset to speakers or just hit the mute button. I've read the manuals, but until you work everything on the road it's hard to remember everything you read.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I just re-read the manual on the zoom/voice guide button on the left handle bar and I think I solved the problem. If you are subscribed to the XM weather feature you hold the button in for two beeps and it brings up the weather screen. I held the button in thinking it would silence the old gal in my ear and what it did was switch to the weather mode but because I haven't subscribed to the service I guess that is why I got the blank screen. If I would have held in the DISP button or MAP button for a couple seconds it would have returned to the normal screen.Thanks for the input, I'm hoping problem solved.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

lol, kinda glad that I don't have a NAVI now, sounds like i'd get lost before I even left the driveway. :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I didn't think it was anything I would use either, but I got such a great deal on the bike. I took a ride over into the Missouri Ozarks last Saturday on some roads I have never been on and I was glad I had it, even alerted me to a bridge that was closed and re-routed me. When I ride to Alaska next year I will definitely use it.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

If the navi warned you of a bridge out , then you must have navi/traffic. I thought mine had a trail period of both navi/traffic and navi/weather. i really like the navi weather (3.99 a month) it really comes in handy when out west when storms pop up fast and there are long distances between places with cover. we ride in the rain but you never know how bad the weather is going to get. the weather band radio does not pin point where the severe weather is.

If you decide to get the XM subscription ask them about the life time subscription that they will not tell you about until you ask. my opinion is the factory XM is like a high quality sound AM radio that fades out everywhere. but I like the navi weather

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from XM that had my radio number and account number and said my account had been activated, I guess the dealer notified them after I purchased the bike. I thought I had to call them or get on the internet to activate it, I wanted to wait until next spring to use the 3 months trial subscription of XM weather/traffic. I haven't pushed the XM button hoping it willl not oficially activate until I'm ready.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

the XM does not need the XM button pushed to activate. you can call them and explain to them that it is a motorcylce only radio and ask if the trial period can be moved

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.