Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Distractions?

1K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  exavid 
#1 · (Edited)
How'd you like to pull the fairing on this, or even go thru the learning curve to use all this stuff. Talk about distracted riding :readit:

(from another topic)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like a amateur built aircraft panel just stuck on the bike for a picture. The bottom of that panel doesn't seem to be attached to the bike especially at the ends. Looks about the right width for a snug two seater like an RV.

#8 ·
You should check out the link to that bike, it is anything buy amature and there is miles and miles of wire behind that panel. I was totally blown away by this guys abilites. Not my cup of tea mind you but still very cool stuff. He is a long distance rider and his definition of LD goes way beyond the what most of us would consider a LD ride.

#11 ·
That was an interesting read about his setup. But, I was told that is communications central with the mother ship. :raspberry:

#15 ·
Meh, I think it's tacky. And completely unnecessary. No matter how carefully done, no matter how skillfully crafted. It's unnecessary and tacky, and I would NOT ride with him.

Reminds me of a guy I used to ride with. We nick named his old lady "Money" because the whole time we're riding she's hanging over his shoulder, yacking in his ear, messing with his hair, his clothes...like one chimp grooming another one. I had to tell him repeatedly to make her knock that **** off. He claimed he was fine and not distracted by it. I finally told him fine, you can ride that way when yer by yerself. But it's distracting to the rest of the group. People are watching her paw at you instead of watching the road.

All this guy's crap on his bike would be just as distracting to others trying to figure out what the hell it all is.

#16 ·
Reminds me of the kid in every little town that had to fill his/her bicycle up with so much crap that it weighed and extra 100 pounds.

#17 ·
Heck half the fun of riding is to just venture down the unknown roads to see stuff. Many times I have no destination picked out and just go down this road for a while and then hit another one that looks interesting. I eventually make it back home.
I just don't understand the need for 3 GPS units. Little over kill on the electronics unless you are testing it or a world traveler. Thats one heck of an electronic set up for whatever he uses it for.

#18 ·
Each to his own...why some of the hateful narrow minded comments here?
Some would say Goldwings in general are overloaded icons of excess, and unnecessary as well, but again...each to his own. No need to stomp all over someone's dreams to express disagreement.

#21 ·
I found the thread too and gotta say I could see how it was actually mounted on the bike. It was so much overkill I just thought it was a joke at first. Mea Culpa! It still would require a better person than me to ride a bike like that. I was distracted too much by the trip computer on my SEI. It looks to me that the fellow is more engineer than technician since techs know more about Murphy. No KISS philosophy for that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.