• 3-4 Days - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

DIXIE MEET N GREET

4K views 47 replies 14 participants last post by  Nightrider1 
#1 ·
imported post

Plus, theres a lot of good riding here. Little River Canyon, Touring Alabama's Homes, Jeff Cook's recording Studios, Riding Lookout Mountain to the State Park, plus more.

Nightrider1

#3 ·
imported post

I might could make it , I know this area well ,,camped there many times.

#4 ·
imported post

I would be in on something like that.

#10 ·
imported post

Anything before march 31 would be cold and probably raining. I believe around the 1st or 2nd weekend in April would be a good date. What do you guys think? Also,

Add the last weekend in March, and we will do a vote and the highrst will get it. I'll do another thread and do a poll. How about that?
Nightrider1

#13 ·
imported post

Who will be camping?
Who will be staying at a Motel?

We will meet at 9am at the falls for the days ride.

I will check with Jeff Cook if I can find him and see if we can tour his Mansion also. I will need quite a bit of riders and quite a bit of riders if I can pull this one off. (A possibility, but no promise) Posibly Randy Owen, (A posibility, not a promise) or we will tour by his home. He lives in the Canyon. I can and will talk to Jef Cook and Randy Owen from the group Alabama.

I was one of the "Up and Coming New Artist" in 98, and got to do Stage 2, and I went backstage to many of their events. That's why I say it is a posibility. Teddy Gentry (Bass Player) went to our church, (But I don't even know where he lives LOL)and is a cousin by marriage.So If I pull this off, you dont want to miss it. Even if we can just get a group Pic with them in frone of their homes will be a great memory. We will fo one each on the Little River Canyon ride, The deepest gorge this side of the Mississippi,and one Mentone/State Parkride. I will go talk to them on the next warm day.
Nightrider1

#15 ·
imported post

Hey guys, that definitely sounds like something I would be up for. I have driven the area and have visited the Mentone and Fort Payne area several times, just never on the bike. Early April would work for me, I wouldn't be able to get up there until late afternoon on Saturday though, but would be staying overnight Sat for sure.

The Little River Canyon and the road all the way back to Mentone through the State Park on top of the mountain would be a nice ride for sure. In fact, that was one of the biggest reasons I bought the GW to begin with, just to be able to tour that area with my lady and just have never gotten a chance to get back up there for quite a while. Might just be our honeymoon trip so keep us updated for sure!!

#17 ·
imported post

I too voted for the second weekend in april , I know I am not far away thats no issue, its that I hope to find a job between now and then so its hard to commit but I would love to come and meet and greet !!! so I will say yes ( as long as I don't have to send any $$$$!!!!)

#18 ·
imported post

Hello All

So far, the last weekend in March Thursday - Sunday is ahead. If you plan to come, please PM me, and I will add your name to the list. Also, Please tell me if you plan to camp or motel. We can meet at Jacks (Or Whereever U want) for Coffee and Breakfast at 8am, and the ride leaves at 9am daily. I will have a list of Rides/Events soon.

Thanks,

David

#19 ·
imported post

To all that may want to come,
Please don't let anyone try to talk you out of coming if you were/are planning to come to this event. I am a fairly decent host, a good person, and a God fearing one also, so I hope you can make it, and hope tp see you there!
Sincerely,
David

P.S.

If anyone wants to camp, I have a good 2 person tent I can loan youduring your stay.

David

#21 ·
imported post

I am going to be there the 2nd weekend in April myself since that is where my missus and I are going to be spending our honeymoon. We would love to just meet up with anyone that wants to just go ride the mountain trails with us even if the ride is not scheduled for that weekend.

No reason why we can't meet up a few weeks later for a second ride is it??

#23 ·
imported post

If anyone plans to attend, Please PM me. I have not spoken to Randy or Jeff yet. The weather has been very rough. We may just ride by their homes, and tour the studios if i canot get to them in time.
Nightrider1

#24 ·
imported post

Cabins Information, Sites and attractions, things to do there, etc

http://noccfalls.homestead.com/

Camping Information

http://nfcampgrounds.homestead.com/

Again,
Please PM me if coming. If you do not want to go by the Group Alabama's Sites, you don't have to. It isn't mandatory.
Thanks,
Nightrider1

Campground Info Below

Attachments

#25 ·
imported post

I have just e-mailed Randy Owen to see if we could stop by His and Jeff Cook's Home to get a group Pic. I will keep you informed. (And I do know his Private, Personal e-mail address.) Teddy is a friend also. (Teddy is a Cousin via ex-marriage, but we get along well.. Crazy world, ain't it? LOL

Update:
I sincerely doubt he will answer. I heard he was in Nashville recordiong some songs with Dolly Parton., and going Solo, (with a 10 piece band). Jeff has a new band also.
Nightrider1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.