Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear forum members,

last summer I was badly hit by a slipped disc and think that the laid back position an my good old GL1100 could have been one reason :-(
Therefore I am thinking about mounting GL1000 seat tank dummy and handlebar to attain a more leaning forward position.

Hence my question: Does anybody know whether GL1000 seat and tank dummy fit a GL1100? (Steering bar is clear, if I use shorter cables.)

Would be happy for any information because I cannot find definite info in the web.

Best greetings

Friedo

·
Administrator
24,994 Posts
No, the seat and false tank won't fit. They are not that much different from a stock 1100 anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave,
thank you for the information!
Do you know whether it is possible to adapt them someway?

·
Administrator
24,994 Posts
Of course it's possible, I just don't see the point. How is that going to change your riding position? If you need to lean forward more change the handlebars.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,902 Posts
The seat can be made to fit with little modification. The tank on the other hand has a much different mounting system. I must agree with John however, your best approach would be to simply swap over to a shorter handle bar set.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, thank you for the hints! I will try to get some flatter handlebars and have a try (currently difficult...).

Thank you and stay healthy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts