Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Going to order a set of Carbtune gauges and noticed they had a "carb tool" for sale.

I know nothing aboutthe carbs, is this tool needed on my 84 Aspencade?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

William_86 wrote:
i dont think so, i've worked on my carbs and no needed any special tool.
As you tuned the carbs, were the screws you turned, spring loaded, or did it have a nut to lock the screws in place? I guess this tool helps lock the nut in place while holding the screw still. If the adjusting screws are spring loaded, the spring tension holds the screw still.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

1200 carbs don't need that tool. They're spring loaded screws. This tool is for the 1000 and 1100's mostly.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
1200 carbs don't need that tool. They're spring loaded screws. This tool is for the 1000 and 1100's mostly.
Thanx for confering. I would have just looked on my bike, but had no idea what I would have been looking for or where...LOL

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
imported post

Ronk wrote:
New here!! Sure would like to find a carb setting tool Where could i find one

Thanks
Once you make a certain amount of posts you can get on the list for the Forums carb Gauges which are fully outfitted and work well. I just did two bikes with them before I shipped them to the next guy. Also if you are going to keep your bike you can use a motion Pro Manometer or you can but a Morgan Carbtune. Both work well but the carb tune is around 100 bucks including shipping and is the best out there. I just ordered one because of all I have heard about them. The cost is comparative to the others. Its a quality British tool.:waving:

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,576 Posts
imported post

First, Jim. As others have said, that's not for the twelves.

Second, Arch. Look up Motion Pro. They sell pretty good carb stick type gauges.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
imported post

Yep Dennis is correct Motion pro sells a good one. I just opted for the Morgan because of all the good things that I have heard about them. Motion pro I is now non mercury Morgan is also non mercury.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0411

http://carbtune.com/

Pick your Poison. Both are good. Just a personal preference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.