Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
I heard somewhere the NAPA Gold filters are made by WIX....

·
Administrator
25,355 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
WOW Good to know...long suspected this but I've never went so far as to cut one up to compare. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not so much VTEC concerns as wiped cams from grit. We still have a lot of VTEC concerns due to lack of oil changing and low oil from people not checking their oil levels in those 7,000 mile between oil changes.
And as far as buying oil filters for my wing, I use the same oil filter we use on all Honda cars except the S2000 which uses a larger filter. The car/suv filter is different only in depth/heighth so add an extra .1 oil to crankcase. And it has the same filteration as the MC filter.

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
on my Husqvarna lawn tractor, you damn well better have a habit of checking the oil level.

the engine has a leak somewhere around the Oil filter area, I have washed it off with the high pressure washer several times trying to locate the leak.

new oil filters don't fix it, has to be a gasket leaking somewhere.

·
Administrator
25,355 Posts
Bet you see some VTEC problems from them too.
Not so much VTEC concerns as wiped cams from grit. We still have a lot of VTEC concerns due to lack of oil changing and low oil from people not checking their oil levels in those 7,000 mile between oil changes.
And as far as buying oil filters for my wing, I use the same oil filter we use on all Honda cars except the S2000 which uses a larger filter. The car/suv filter is different only in depth/heighth so add an extra .1 oil to crankcase. And it has the same filteration as the MC filter.

I guess you were responding to the above post? In the 4 cyl. accords, CRVs and elements when they showed a VTEC code the first thing I did was look at the oil filter, if it was a Fram a change usually fixed it.

I also use the Honda car filter on my wing.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
I used to use Fram, stopped years ago.

Briggs in my tractor mower and the Motorcrafts in all my Fords.

Subaru oem in Forester.

·
Banned
500 Posts
on my Husqvarna lawn tractor, you damn well better have a habit of checking the oil level.

the engine has a leak somewhere around the Oil filter area, I have washed it off with the high pressure washer several times trying to locate the leak.

new oil filters don't fix it, has to be a gasket leaking somewhere.
clean motor, toss talcum powder on motor, mow till ya want another beer. look at powder, x marks the spot.

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
that mower is in the garage right now.
I have been tracing the wire harness trying to find the damn fuse that provides power to everything.

the chink heads that put the thing together decided that it would be neat to ignore mother Husqvarna's instructions and not place the fuse holder on the steel bracket up next to the ignition switch.

No, they had to dress it into the wire loom that goes down below the tractor and I finally found it, upside down next to the steering gear where I have to pressure wash it after every mowing.

the fuse was a cotton ball mess of fuzz when I located it....
it is now clipped to the steel bracket at the top of the dash where there is a place for it...

damn chinks.... I would love to throttle the igit that pulled that trick.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts