Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a good friend who's brother-in-law who works for a wrecker service. Recently he was sent to a Harley dealership to recover a bike that had been wrecked. Upon arrival, the folks at the dealership asked him how he was going to get the bike loaded on his "roll-back" wrecker...He advised them that he was going to hook a cable to it and "drag it" up onto the bed..He told me that these guys literally "freaked"...big time.. They told him that a Harley could not be "dragged"...or "drug"..whatever.. He told them to stand back and watch, and he'd show them how it was done...As he was dragging the carcass up on the bed of the wrecker, he said that they were saying prayers to the Harley gods, asking for forgiveness for allowing this Harley to be subjected to this treatment... I SWEAR I'M NOT FABRICATING ANY OF THIS....He thought that they had a screw loose...I was just wondering if we had a Goldwing God that someone had not told me about...

Please keep in mind, I'm a church-going Baptist, so please don't misinterpret my comments as anti-religious...Just letting you know before anyone blows a head gasket..

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Yes. He's called God.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank you Rudy...Why am I not surprised that you're the first one to "step up"...THE FEARLESS FERRET!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

No Bike ,regardless of manufacture should ever be dragged onto a flat bed ... The law say's it must be placed or dollyedonto a bed , or hung from a hook to limit any extra damage that the owner must fix... The only time it can be winched onto a flatbed is under " Emergency conditions" and I don't believe picking up a bike at a shop that has already wrote up a damage estimate constitutes as an emergency...

Your friends Brother in law should be Fired ...

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

True, bad idea, but he was just making a point. That he could do it. Like a challenge.

Personally, I kinda like forklifts.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

jk-1 wrote:
No Bike , regardless of manufacture should ever be dragged onto a flat bed ...

Your friends Brother in law should be Fired ...
WOW!!!!!!!!!! I honestly love the passion...Really, I appreciate the emotion..

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

He wouldn't have needed to be fired, I would have just shot him!

Unless of course, I already had the check from the insruance company and I was to busy trying to find another bike:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I know that it just might disappoint us Goldwing riders for me to say this,

But the "Big Biker in the Sky" is the same one regardless of you riding a Harley, Goldwing, Triumph or any of those other brands. ;)

I personally talk to him every time Nancy and I take off on a long trip. And so far he has been right there with me every trip.

As far as towing a bike,,

I had a friend get stopped back in the 70's riding his dirt bike down the shoulder of the road. While the State Trooper was giving him a rash, my friend made a comment about the troopers wive and what they must not have done the night before.

His dirt bike ended up hanging from the cable on a tow truck and would smack the back of the truck everytime it started off and everytime it stopped. :cheeky1:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

I know that God was with me back on January 10, 2008 even though what happened occurred so fast I never had a chance to ask his help.

Not too many of us get run over by a Freightliner and survive.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

why did he not just get a vacume cleaner and suck the harley up ,After all it was a Harley and they fall to pieces pretty handy :D

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

For the question of is there a "Goldwing God" ?
Just ask anyone who has every joined the "Wheels Up Club" LOL

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

But, it was just a piece of metal and plastic. POS after the wreck.

"you can polish a horse turd all you want, it's still a horse turd"

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

God was with Red and me when we hit our deer..... Thank You, Lord......

(although it has occurred to me more than once just why You didn't have the damn thing run in front of a Peterbilt truck instead! Joking, Lord, just joking......:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:)

Actually, I think I know why... the accident brought Red and I even closer together, if that was possible, and it made me look at every morning with clearer, more grateful eyes....)

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Yes. He's called God.
:weightlifter:I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!:goofygrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.