Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

The problem using auto oils that it is very hard to find SG rated oil.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Ooooh or as Homer says DOH DOH :cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Old School Guru
7,885 Posts
imported post

newbiker wrote:
Most all of the diesel grade oils are SG rated. I've never had a problem with going to Wally World and getting some.:D

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

GLester wrote:
newbiker wrote:
Most all of the diesel grade oils are SG rated. I've never had a problem with going to Wally World and getting some.:D

Gene:waving:
Thanks Lester!!! Great info!!! I was looking for GS and couldn't find it in Advance Auto. I will just ask for diesel oil!

By the way article was published in 94!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

It seems so strange to me , That a Bike ownercan avoidworrying about the price of a cup of coffee or a six pack or any other unnecessary vices that we all have. But when it comes too four quarts of oil once or twice a " YEAR " Thats where they are going to draw the line and cheap out and start saving money :gunhead:.

So ,Unless you are doing 20 oil changes a year , It's seems Rediculess to worry about the price of a Quart of Oil. I Personally will stay with the best Oil I can find and still buy my six pack and cup's of coffee, Because Engine rebuilds areExtremely Expensive ...

Take Care - Jim

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
imported post

I hear what you are saying...but why should I pay $5 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks when I can geta good a cup of joe for 50 cents elsewhere?

Same with oil.Why spend$8 -$12 a quart for oil when a $2 a quart ofoil works just as well?

Cheap? I prefer frugal. With gas over $3 a gallon, I need to save the $$ for gas now.

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

i pay $8 a litre for AGIP sint 2000 because i love my engine, i can go an extra week without a beer if i need to :goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

98Wing-487 wrote:
I hear what you are saying...but why should I pay $5 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks when I can geta good a cup of joe for 50 cents elsewhere?

Same with oil.Why spend$8 -$12 a quart for oil when a $2 a quart ofoil works just as well?

Cheap? I prefer frugal. With gas over $3 a gallon, I need to save the $$ for gas now.

You are soooooooo lucky ,Here in Ireland gas at the moment is almost $10 a gallon,,Yes $10 ,I kid you not ..I would never complain about the price of good oil to put in the engine ,I would prefer to pay $20 over the price of a cheaper oil than to have to rebuild the engine ,:),Ciaran

·
Administrator
58,155 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
You are soooooooo lucky ,Here in Ireland gas at the moment is almost $10 a gallon,,Yes $10 ,Ciaran
That makes you think hard and long about useless trips :stumped:

Even at $3/gallon US here, I have already stopped frivolous trips. I stack up my wants/needs and get as many on one outing as I can.:waving:

Last night, I topped off my bike. Almost cost me $18.00 for a tank of fuel for a m/c!:shock:

I'm still living in lala land and remembering when I used to top it off for $1.75 (granted, that was in the late 50's and 60's).:?

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I tell you it makes me think about selling my car.lol. two weeks ago I went for a Sunday ride to Delaware. it cost $6.00 to top off then while in Delaware $13 to top off then on the way back $12.50. thats over $30 for one days worth of riding. mucho years ago I dont think I spent that much all summer.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

For any of you that are over 55 (I'm giving my age away) can get a senior coffee at Mc D's for 50-60 cents. and it's good coffee. I do it all the time butI just wish,once, just once, that is all I ask,thatthey would card me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.