Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

People I work with think I'm crazy for riding to work when theres a chance of rain.
My rule is if it's raining going to work then I don't ride but any other time I'm riding.

·
everyday member
514 Posts
imported post

I ride when there is a chance of snow. A bad day to ride is better than not riding.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Doesn't stop me. Many seem to have the latest and greatest rain gear, but don't ride in the rain. Kinda like loading your bike up with lights, then never riding after dark.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
imported post

I ride with 3 other classmates of our High School Class of 1959. (We will all be 70 by the end of this month) We generally rideonce or twiceevery week (March through November)if it is not raining. We don't let a 'chance of rain' stop us as we carry rainsuits and have had to use them occasionally.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

We headed out tonight and as soon as I put it in first gear a few sprinkles came down........ Shifted into second and kept going.........

We out ran out of it eventually....

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Most of them are harley's with a few that have Victorys.I don't know if they are just crybabies or there afraid that there bikes can't handle the rain.

I just ride past there SUV's and minivans and smile...

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Depends on how bad I want to ride.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Around here in the heat, we follow storms around to stay cool! If you can get behind a squall, you can follow it for miles during the hot summer months. We then stop for dinner (supper in the south), and then ride home after dark. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

JAD wrote:
People I work with think I'm crazy for riding to work when theres a chance of rain.
My rule is if it's raining going to work then I don't ride but any other time I'm riding.
This is the way I do it. So far the Summer, there has only been 3 day that it has been raining when I leave for work. Two other times that I rode to work (not raining) & ran into on the way.

My dad once told me don't worry about getting wet, because $-it don't melt, $-it just floats away,:ROFL::action:

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

I try to avoid hail and lightning, but it takes a lot of rain to keep me from riding.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

I keep my rain gear in my saddle bags so I am always ready for bad weather. If you are ready for it it can be fun.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Rain or Shine.

Being unprepared is the only aggravance.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Try and avoid the solid rain but other than that we both enjoy it.:action:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

jimsjinx wrote:
Around here in the heat, we follow storms around to stay cool! If you can get behind a squall, you can follow it for miles during the hot summer months. We then stop for dinner (supper in the south), and then ride home after dark. jimsjinx
++++1

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

Rain gear is always onboard. If you didn't ride in the rain around here, you would miss out on a lot of time in the saddle, especially in the summer.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

I usually take the PickUp if it is raining.

I Do Not ride the bike if frozen precipitation is anywhere around, I have been caught out on a bike with ice/snow,,, not fun at all.

Don't have any studded tires for the wing.:byebye:

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I've ridden in some really bad storms (70+ mph winds and lots of lightning/thunder/rain/hail/etc...). Rain won't stop me from riding, I think it's actually fun. Snow however, It really depends on the situation. If it's a high chance of snow probably not, but if they say that it could possibly snow but can't really say that it will, well that's another story. :) -15 deg F is the coldest that I've been out on a bike.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Hasn't really stopped me that much, have rode through t-storms, hail, snow, just more carefully.:shock: 30-40% today, and still, I rode.:smiler:

Gene:action:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.